Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2752159 - 06/28/09 03:31 AM Explanation of Email Issue  
777 Studios - Jason Offline
777 Studios - Jason  Offline

Southern California or Moscow
Hi guys,

Here is the info I received from neoqb about the confirmation email issue from yesterday. This is just an FYI since some of you have asked me. Personally I've dealt with this issue before wih sending email newsletters at GoGamer and this type of issue is always a pain to deal with. Again, this is just FYI since I know some of you wanted an explanation. I have not cleaned up the language. So please excuse the non-proper English if it sounds short or confusing. I recieved this email from neoqb much earlier in the day today. I was in LA on an appointment I could not miss so I am now just posting this. I hope this answers some of your questions. Of course I know some of you don't like the system as a whole, so please don't flame me yet again. I know.

Greetings ROF players,

The email issue yesterday was not the problem of our servers. All servers worked in a proper way. When it doesn’t work than all users cannot see the main page of our site. All pages worked in a proper way all day long. The customers couldn’t see the registration page after pushing the button «Register» because of the another reason. At night (00:00 by Moscow time) a lot of users try to register at the same time (more than 50 users in 15 minutes). Some of users emails providers thought that it was a spam attack from neoqb email (rof@neoqb.com), wrote to our email provider and our email on smtp-server (it makes possible to send emails to our customers) was banned for 6 hours. Our team began to work in 1:43 pm (by Moscow time) and is working now to help our North American customers to activate Rise of Flight and play it. Our team called our email provider to solve out the problem ASAP. So the registration page started working in a proper way in 5:00 by Moscow time. But we’ve got another problem that some users couldn’t get confirmation emails. It was also connected with the banning of our email address on the smtp-server. So our web team has turned off the requirement of the confirmation email until we will solve the problem with our email provider out. Now the customer should register at https://riseofflight.com/SpecialPages/Logon.aspx?ReturnUrl=http%3a%2f%2friseofflight.com%2fHome.aspx and after filling all fields and pushing the button «Register» you will be transferred to the page «Profile» where you can put the license key of your game and activate it without any confirmation email.

One important notice: check that you put your valid email without any mistakes in spelling

One more time Rise of Flight support team are very sorry for Rise of Flight problems in activation process. If you continue to have any problems with Rise of Flight than please write to rof@neoqb.com and our support team is ready to help you as soon as possible with Rise of Flight!

Neoqb team appreciates your patience!

Jason

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2752164 - 06/28/09 03:41 AM Re: Explanation of Email Issue [Re: 777 Studios - Jason]  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

Nice to hear it wasn't their server. Thanks for relaying this info, Jason! Much appreciated.

#2752281 - 06/28/09 10:51 AM Re: Explanation of Email Issue [Re: franksvalli]  
WWBrian Offline
WWBrian  Offline

Thanks for going well above and beyond Jason!!!

As we all know, these things *do* happen...

Gratz also to NeoQB for keeping on top of it!

<S!>

WingWalker (virtual) Combat Squadron

Intel i7 980X @3.8 GHz | ASUS P6X58D Premium | Antec 1200w PSU | 12GB 1600Mhz RAM
SLI - 2x eVGA GTX 580 3072MB vRAM | Dell 3007WFP 30" + 2x Dell 2007FP 20" @ 5388x1600 res.
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD - O/S drive | Corsair Force 60GB SSD - ROF drive
WD VelociRaptor 300GB - Game drive | WD Black 1TB - Storage drive
CH HOTAS and TrackIR 5 +TCP | Realtek on-board sound | Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.