Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
#2747860 - 06/22/09 10:01 PM Re: Question for IL-2ers [Re: Dart]  
Nasty Offline
Nasty
Nasty  Offline
Nasty

Phoenix, AZ
I've changed my mind, I don't need to throw grenades out of the cockpit. Flying the heavy bombers with cockpits is too much fun, and I love the mods now.

The B-29 cockpit that comes with the AAA mods looks very good, and it's so very awesome simply flying the B-29. I can't remember any other flight sims that let me fly this old bird, and I can appreciate the chance to fly it, even if it's only virtual flying.

Mods did breath new life into this game for me.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2747964 - 06/23/09 02:47 AM Re: Question for IL-2ers [Re: Sholtz]  
Avala Offline
Avala  Offline

Originally Posted By: Sholtz
Originally Posted By: Avala

Good Lord that is gorgeous! I must have this mod...what is it???

My try in map making; only it don't looks like that anymore. More like this: with new jungle but still with blocky coast.

#2751299 - 06/27/09 02:41 AM Re: Question for IL-2ers [Re: ]  
Flybert Offline
WingWalkers Staff
Flybert  Offline
WingWalkers Staff

California
I've returned to IL-2 recently and have found the 4.09b mod very easy to switch with IL-2 Switcher .. one of the groups running servers has Spits vs 109s on 4.09b and Zeke's vs Wildcats on 4.08b .. easy to switch between them ..

as far as cheating because of AAA mods .. many had the same concern for the MP game .. but it just doesn't seem to have panned out as a significant problem thusfar, even the official IL-2 forum, which discourages mod use, conceded in a policy change notice about mod discussion, that they concider the current AAA people to be interested in improving the game and limiting access to the fm/dm and other critical code to just a few trusted people .. and have not contributed to degradation of online play quality

I was the first publisher of tools and items that allowed Red Baron II / 3D to be modded, introduced alot of important mods myself .. so I've certainly seen cheating destroy an online game and am one of the most fervent anti-cheat people around .. however ..

.. there's a truth I can tell you about any online game cheats ..

clever programmer type cheaters ALWAYS figure out how to cheat BEFORE well meaning mod makers figure out how to do decent mods ..

in the case of Red Baron II/3D .. the easy data format and very poor online security protection made cheating and mods *easy* .. IL-2 is in better shape in this respect, as fm/dm modding is significantly harder and known, apparently, by few, and online security is much better

anyway .. the real reason I'm bumping this thread is that AAA is now doing a WWI mod of IL-2 I'm excited about .. it's a good deal of the reason I'm flying IL-2 regularly again and basicly quiting RB3D MP completely after more than 11 years

www.canvasknights.com

#2752122 - 06/28/09 02:00 AM Re: Question for IL-2ers [Re: F19_lacrits]  
No5_Studly Offline
No5_Studly  Offline

Australia
I was getting Boared with Il-2 untill the MODS came out ,it has given it a new lease of life and more realistic

#2754198 - 06/30/09 07:20 AM Re: Question for IL-2ers [Re: F19_lacrits]  
RDDR Offline
RDDR  Offline

San Diego,Calif
I like Trooper and many others have put together my own customized mods version that works incredibly well for me now.
Yeah! I am still going through the learning curve when it comes to installing map mods and such,however the more I learn the easier it becomes to get things working smoothly.
I'm sure Oleg or for that matter any of us ever really imagined that IL2 would ever look as good as it does now today,with different cloud mod variations,incredibly well done maps such as the Pacific Slot map,new aircraft like the Spit MK 1a,and MKIV varients and many more such as my latest aquisition the Fairy Swordfish... The String Bag is a stunning piece of work folding wings,arrester hook,working torps, and all.
IL2 is an old girl that has not kept her longevity because of these wonderfully talented mod creaters.She has kept it because she was and still is the best WW2 Flight Sim out there,however with all these great addons that continously are freely available to all of us,we can pick and choose.
There will always be those who are resistent to learning a little about how things work,adding code to ini files, where things go when there isn't an auto installer etc but with a lttle exploration or help from a friend it generally turns out to be a piece of cake.
If you dont like to look at Granny's photo when she was very pretty and 18, just go into the cockpit folder and remove the pic. Its as easy as that.
Now, if I could just figure out how to get the Ship Pack 2 installed without screwing up.

Last edited by RDDR; 06/30/09 07:30 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.