This is from a thread I started on the official Logitech forums, where I sadly didn't get any replies:
First I'd like to say that I'm looking forward to the new G940, I fell in love with the looks the first time I saw it.
Finally a FFB HOTAS! Woot!
A few questions:
1) Are all major axes besides X and Y (especially throttle- and rudder axis) contactless (hall sensors I assume) or are pots used? I absolutely HATE pots wearing out, considering the low price of hall sensors (lower than pots and they can last for a lifetime!)
2) I heard some negative comments about the FFB by Immersion Corporation used in other products (too unprecise, sluggish, too weak).
Is the G940 using the same technology as in other sticks or was a custom (better) solution incorporated?
-> How does the FFB compare to the MSFFB2 which sadly is still the best FFB stick up until now.3) Is it possible to get photos from the front side of the stick and throttle?
-> CHECK. Got photos.
4) Is it just me or would'nt the trimming controls be better situated on the throttle?
5) From the description it looks like there is a button for the thumb on the sidestick. Many modern fighter planes have a hat-switch there and up to 4 hat switches in total on the sidestick. I'd rather see a 4-way hat switch there, but maybe it's just me again
6) FFB is "only" on the sidestick, right? Or does the throttle have some vibration effects, too?
7) Why no ministick (like on the Cougar or the X52 for example)?
-> CHECK. There IS a ministick.
I wish you the best of luck with this product, if the FFB is right, you already have a customer.