Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
#2707507 - 04/13/09 10:16 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: wheelsup_cavu]  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
Originally Posted By: wheelsup_cavu
Originally Posted By: rabu
Are we just assuming that it will only be $5-$10 bucks and that we will have the choice to buy limited quantities like that? I think it's a neat idea, but I didn't read through all of the 26 pages of posts; did some one at the company say that?

Same question.
Was this stated by a someone at the company or are we just guessing at the pricing.

Wheelsup

At that level of pricing, less than £10 (GBP) I'd buy all the add-ons. If the price crept up to £20 or beyond I'd become more selective.

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2707513 - 04/13/09 11:36 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Mogster]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Narsinha
Unregistered

Hello,

20 GBP per plane ?! - i think i will be quite reluctant then - after all this is a GAME, and you are only allowed to fly the virtual "planes" as long as they reside on their server and the company persists .. i DO wish them all the best, but i already did so with Sierra, and Dynamix .. but then i can at least still use their old sims without restriction.

Think of the planes that were already included in Red Baron, and the other WW1 sims - and now think of buying e.g. 30+ planes separately. Even with some 5 dollars per plane you will be soon at some 150 bucks, adding to the original price of the sim. AND there may be other small details and add-ons to pay for.
"Ah, if you are a real fan you will buy it, otherwise you are a whiner and the sim isn't for you". Yeah go on call me a cheapskate, but i will still dislike this idea.
New business idea "You bought the SPAD for Escadrille Lafayette, but you want to fly it for escadrille xyz ? Gotto pay for this skin, and the possibility to fly it in the Alsace region ... you complained at our forum ? Oops sorry, currently no log on possible for you .." etc. etc..
See what i mean ? What is possible, will be done. But not all that is possible, SHOULD be done. This whole idea goes far beyond what a game should do and deliver IMHO.

*Sigh* ok i will still buy it mycomputer

Happy Easter,
Narsinha

Last edited by Narsinha; 04/13/09 11:37 AM.
#2707538 - 04/13/09 12:44 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: ]  
WilliVonBill Offline
WilliVonBill  Offline

North Carolina
Okay... I think we're all just guessing at price points. Off the top of my head I don't recall anyone with Neoqb quoting any pricing. I could be wrong though... haven't had nearly enough coffee yet this morning...

~RB3D~First Eagles~OFF BH&H~RoF~
Its A Good Time To Be A WWI Sim Junkie!
#2707541 - 04/13/09 12:49 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: WilliVonBill]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Narsinha
Unregistered

Hello Willi,
certainly it is all guessing, there's no price told yet. Anyway if it will be up to 5$ i think it would be reasonable - after all the price will be the same internationally, since this is download only, without p&p fees, or customs - at least this will be an advantage smile
Thanks,
Narsinha

#2707545 - 04/13/09 12:52 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: ]  
Feathered_IV Offline
Feathered_IV  Offline

Australia
Some time back (here), one of the devs refered to a new plane costing about the same as a couple of beers and a packet of cigarettes. Infer from that what you will. bottles

#2707737 - 04/13/09 06:06 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Feathered_IV]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Narsinha
Unregistered

Hello,

a couple of beers and a packet of cigarettes is not really "cheap" - 15 dollars per plane, or an additional feature ? Wait and see ..

Hmm,
Narsinha

#2707764 - 04/13/09 07:02 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: ]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
I think they meant Russian prices.

Anyhow, think of all the money those MSFS guys pay - and their planes don't even shoot.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#2707793 - 04/13/09 08:23 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Dart]  
Brigstock Offline
Brigstock  Offline

London, England
Whoever said features would be payware. You can't make features payware. That would make those that purchase incompatible with those that didn't. AFAIK Only planes would be paid for addons and then only if you wanted them as flyable.

Prices mentioned off the cuff over a year ago priced addon planes at around 4-6 euros. That may have changed but it wont have been much.

...and if a pack of cigarettes and a beer is considered expensive, how on earth did you justify purchasing your PC.

#2707808 - 04/13/09 08:52 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Dart]  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
Originally Posted By: Dart
I think they meant Russian prices.

Anyhow, think of all the money those MSFS guys pay - and their planes don't even shoot.

........And that's why I give most FS payware a miss.

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
#2707874 - 04/13/09 10:57 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Brigstock]  
Dunkers Offline
Dunkers  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: Brigstock

...and if a pack of cigarettes and a beer is considered expensive, how on earth did you justify purchasing your PC.

Hehe. I now have a new PC, and I justified it to the missus by telling her the old one was clapped out (which it was!) but I never have to justify a few pints in the local. Beer is pretty much a mystery to her, epecially when I come home from the pub and try to explain about it's wonderful attributes. I get away with it by talking rubbish the rest of the time as well.!

cheers

Once upon a time there was dunkelgrun...
#2707971 - 04/14/09 03:33 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Brigstock]  
Blackdog_kt Offline
Blackdog_kt  Offline

Originally Posted By: Brigstock
Whoever said features would be payware. You can't make features payware. That would make those that purchase incompatible with those that didn't. AFAIK Only planes would be paid for addons and then only if you wanted them as flyable.

Prices mentioned off the cuff over a year ago priced addon planes at around 4-6 euros. That may have changed but it wont have been much.

Yup, i think features updates would be akin to a simple patch. Now if the addon planes are anything up to 10 euros then it really is an affordable price. I suppose that early on there will be loads of add ons, since there's all sorts of older screenshots from development showing aircraft that will not make the initial release. I doubt they scrapped those 3d models, they are going to include them at some point.

I suspect these will be released early on to capitalise on the initial enthusiasm of purchasing the new sim. Then, as the initial flood of add on aircraft passes it will probably be a slower process, because they will run out of ready-made ones and will have to make them from scratch.

All in all, it holds great potential as long as you can meet their requirements. However, i would also like to see an option to download/activate addons outside the game engine. I get the idea that due to the always online requirement, add ons will be handled via the in-game menus. For people with slower/unstable connections and assuming there are enough of those around, it would be nice to be able to buy add ons from the company website.

This way, anyone could go to a webcafe or a friend with a better network capability, log in to the website, select the desired add ons, check out and submit their payment/credit card info. Then they would get a code that unlocks the download of these add ons, to burn on a DVD and take home.

#2709083 - 04/16/09 03:00 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Blackdog_kt]  
citizen guod Offline
Lifer
citizen guod  Offline
Lifer

That mean ole SOB guod says...

Do not discuss CP/DRM in this or any other RoF thread.

Take it to the CP/DRM forum.
Thank you.

Wisdom is knowing what's enough
#2709087 - 04/16/09 03:10 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: citizen guod]  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Ah Guod, you old softy. wink

S!

#2709107 - 04/16/09 04:31 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Dantes]  
Gr.Viper Offline
Gr.Viper  Offline

Russia
You can't spell "RoF" without "DRM" biggrin

Last edited by Gr.Viper; 04/16/09 04:31 AM.
#2709196 - 04/16/09 11:22 AM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Gr.Viper]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

This thread is just dumb.

It's been nothing but trolling.

After 28 pages of complaining and whining, what more has been learned about RoF's offline gameplay details?

RoF has an offical website with many blog updates and game design descriptions.

There's also been at least three English-language magazine previews where game details have been discussed, and a preview here on SimHQ too.

Read these previews if you're someone who's really interested in learning more about RoF's offline play, and after you've done your personal homework, if you're still interested in RoF's offline gameplay, then you're encouraged to wait for more official information to follow.

#2709288 - 04/16/09 01:48 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: FlyRetired]  
Dunkers Offline
Dunkers  Offline

England
Originally Posted By: FlyRetired
This thread is just dumb.

Including the questions you asked VikS that he answered?
Including the information revealed about triggers?
Including all sorts of stuff that I, and others, learnt here?

It's been nothing but trolling.

Your definition of trolling appears to be someone expressing a contrary view to your own.

Leaving aside the exageration...
...what more has been learned about RoF's offline gameplay details?

Obviously nothing by you; you know it all already.

RoF has an offical website with many blog updates and game design descriptions.
There's also been at least three English-language magazine previews where game details have been discussed, and a preview here on SimHQ too.
Read these previews if you're someone who's really interested in learning more about RoF's offline play, and after you've done your personal homework, if you're still interested in RoF's offline gameplay, then you're encouraged to wait for more official information to follow.

I've read SimHQ's review, I visit Neoqb's website but I've never seen the magazines and probably wouldn't buy them even if they were available.
But now I'm 'encouraged to wait for more official information to follow', presumably from you as you are the oracle for all things RoF. You used to be too, pointing us all to updates and anything related, but we're not supposed to come to these forums anymore?

I'm really sorry to have to pick all these holes in your post but since the single-player online requirements were revealed your attitude has become extremely paternalistic, overbearing, didactic and tiresome.
Or is this post just 'more trolling' too?

cheers

Once upon a time there was dunkelgrun...
#2709326 - 04/16/09 02:58 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Dunkers]  
FlyRetired Offline
FlyRetired  Offline

DG, you don't understand that you've just been an innocent enabler in this thread, because you're actually interested in RoF's offline gameplay details.

However, everytime there's been positive anwsers and definitive information about RoF's design plans given, and repeatedly, by many of us, and to official references, and let me emphasize this again: GIVEN, it was all back to the what if this happens, and I won't be buying this if that happens, and this will never work because I say it won't happen.

You think 28 pages here was for learning about Rise of Flight's offline gameplay, new things you might have learned that occupy a few sentences of text here?

There's even a complaining thread now about moving this 28 page thread which contains more paranoia about the SimHQ admins being in conspiracy with Neoqb to move whining threads like this.

So some may have bought into 28 pages of conspiracy paranoia, by guys that have all sorts of beefs, really don't care about the success of this sim in the least, one has repeatedly said it was all vaporware, some have even said they hope the sim doesn't succeed.

Shameful behavior really, but I'm not going to accept the doomsayers, and soon facts on the ground will be changing everything.

So I've been here DG, and I'll continue to be here DG, and I'll call people on their BS too DG, and if anyone can't stand that, too bad.

#2709357 - 04/16/09 03:34 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: FlyRetired]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
FR, you are not the forum moderator. With that in mind it is not your position to rule a thread worthy or not. As long as people are posting and reading here, obviously they deem it worthy enough.

And "encouraging someone to wait for official information" is a nice way of saying "I'd rather censor any independent discussion and ya'all just wait for the official gospel please."

Like someone recently said, you obviously have a personal interest in the success of this sim, since you contributed heavily to it. While not of a financial kind, that developer tie should make you behave even more objective than any normal user - not less so, unless you want to look like a shill.

#2709372 - 04/16/09 03:58 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: RSColonel_131st]  
Dart Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Dart  Offline
Measured in Llamathrusts
Lifer

Alabaster, AL USA
Y'all need to update your viewing preferences.

This thread is six pages for me, not 28.

I'll read six pages, but twenty eight? No way!

Similarly, I find it at once hilarious and disconcerting that anyone would write that participating in any one particular Internet forum discussion is a waste of time versus another.

The opinions of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

More dumb stuff at http://www.darts-page.com

From Laser:
"The forum is the place where combat (real time) flight simulator fans come to play turn based strategy combat."
#2709401 - 04/16/09 04:42 PM Re: Rise of Flight Offline Play [Re: Dart]  
RSColonel_131st Offline
Lifer
RSColonel_131st  Offline
Lifer

Vienna, 2nd rock left.
12 for me.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Moderated by  RacerGT, Wklink 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.