Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2671992 - 02/13/09 05:21 AM Could be worth a try!  
Bernie_Rain Offline
Bernie_Rain  Offline

Germany

Hi,

I just watched one of Arneh's "promotional" 1.11 videos on youtube. While reading his reply where he informed people that newer ATI and Nvidia cards don't "like" EECH, because of bad DX7 driver support, I had the idea that maybe DirectX Tweaker could be of some help to people having issues with EECH and their cards.

I came to know DirectX Tweaker, because after upgrading my graphics card Jane's F/A-18 didn't perform well (AA mode bug).

There are a lot of options in DirectX Tweaker and it might be of some help!

I would try the exact same settings as in F/A-18 for EECH. Have a look here:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2142199/STICKY_F_18_with_no_banding_AA.html#Post2142199

Best Regards,

Bernie
#2672131 - 02/13/09 01:25 PM Re: Could be worth a try! [Re: Bernie_Rain]  
Staniol Offline
Staniol  Offline

Hungary
I have spent 2 hours with this, no luck.
Thanks for the info anyway, this looks a useful little application to me!

Freedom of speech is our birth right, but the privilege of being heard needs to be gained.
#2672139 - 02/13/09 01:33 PM Re: Could be worth a try! [Re: Staniol]  
mrbinkels Offline
mrbinkels  Offline

I tried it as well and was able to get some small squares that showed the true background. Somebody who knows what they're looking for would be better served trying it. I have no idea what all the different terms mean and I would surmise there are probably hundreds of combinations to try.

Last edited by mrbinkels; 02/13/09 01:33 PM.
#2672166 - 02/13/09 02:29 PM Re: Could be worth a try! [Re: mrbinkels]  
Bernie_Rain Offline
Bernie_Rain  Offline

Germany
Hi,

That´s a pity that it didn't work, but anyway here are the suggested selections. If they don´t work, then it's useless I`d say.

Quote:
Extract the contents of the DirectXTweaker zip to a folder called DXTweaker inside your EECH directory (where the cohokum.exe is). If you're in Vista, right click the DXTControl.exe executable you extracted, click properties, go to compatibility, and check "Run as an Administrator."

Quote:
Run the DXTControl.exe executable. If you're in Vista, and the window looks all black, you may have to close it, turn off Aero. (right click on the desktop, click personalize, click classic appearance properties, click windows classic, and click apply. Don't worry, you can turn Aero back on when we're done here.)

Quote:
Click the New button. Click on the ellipsis by the Path box, and find your cohokum.exe executable in your EECH folder.

Quote:
On the DirectX 9 tab, all boxes should be checked and the drop-down box should say "Default". On the DirectX 8 tab, make sure the box is checked. Same for the legacy tab. On the Options tab, Forward Hook should be checked. The other two boxes should NOT be checked.

Quote:
Click on "Modules to load." Scroll down to and click on "Present Changer." Check the box next to "Present Changer."

Quote:
Leave Width, Height, and Count blank. Format should read A8R8G8B8. Z-Buffer should read "Application." Type should read Application. Quality should be blank, as should Refresh Rate. Set V-Sync to "Off" and Swap to "Application."

Quote:
Go back up to Projects, and click start.

DirectX Tweaker

All copied and edited from MikeRoz's sticky post - see here: MikeRoz original post

Best Regards,

Bernie

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
CD WOFF
by Britisheh. 03/28/24 08:05 PM
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.