Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
#2667279 - 02/06/09 12:21 AM Babylon 5 Fans  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
I watched the season 5 episode titled "Objects at Rest" today and guess who I spotted in the crowd? Peter Jurasik standing in as a human!! He's to the left and behind Sheridan. smile

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i65/PanzerMeyer44/PDVD_000-3.jpg

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
Inline advert (4th to 5th topic)

#2667298 - 02/06/09 12:42 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
HarryM Offline
Hotshot
HarryM  Offline
Hotshot

Paso Robles, CA USA
Hey, nice find!

#2667405 - 02/06/09 03:28 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: HarryM]  
LightHead Offline
LightHead  Offline

Ontario, Canada
Good eye!

Still wish Ivonova made it to the last season. Or we got to see her on her new ship.. oh well.

Ever forward!
#2667551 - 02/06/09 11:28 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: LightHead]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Yeah, that's a classic one. I've seen this show back and forth countless times now and I always have the same impression time and again: whenever I see them (Londo and G'Kar) without make up, its like they are someone else entirely. And, in a way, they are...

I was just watching Sleeping in Light last night. Its amazing how that finale still breaks me after 10+ years.

#2667573 - 02/06/09 12:51 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: WhiteStar

I was just watching Sleeping in Light last night. Its amazing how that finale still breaks me after 10+ years.

Up to now, Sleeping in Light is the best tv show finale I've ever seen. The finales for Band of Brothers and Rome are also great but didn't have as strong effect on me as Sleeping in Light.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#2667855 - 02/06/09 07:01 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ok Panzer, all that B5 talk had me fired up all over again, thank you very much!! wink

Anyway, I was digging through some stuff and found a few interviews from way back, 6+ years. Am at work now, so time is of the essence. Bellow are some highlights and the links so you guys can check the whole thing out.

Interview with Jerry Doyle: http://movies.ign.com/articles/378/378489p1.html

(About Andreas Katsulas: One of the sweetest, kindest, talented, caring people you'll ever meet. A great friend. When I went through my divorce, he really helped me out invited me come stay at his house. I was staying at the Belage hotel for I don't know two, three months. I said, "Right now, I'm not good company." He said, "Well, when you get your head out of your ass, call me." And I did, and when I got to his house he had taken all the stuff and put it in the master bedroom. He said, "That's your room, I want you to be comfortable," and he slept in the guest room. We would cook and talk had great conversations he's really, absolutely, an off-the-charts talented guy.

On Peter Jurasik: Peter just the kind of guy that you hope that your sister or your daughter would marry. Loves life, every day, just... he gets it. He just gets it. He and I worked together a lot in the first season and the second season, too, but unfortunately our characters kind of drifted apart, but I really enjoyed working with him. They'd be saying, "Okay, camera, sound, speed, mark," and we'd tell a joke right up until somebody screamed 'Action' and then we'd our scenes, and then, "Cut." And then, "Anyways, a guy walks into a bar ..." We had an absolute riot working together.)

Interview with Stephen Furst: http://movies.ign.com/articles/376/376226p1.html

Interview with Peter Jurasik: http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/377/377726p1.html

Interview with jms: http://movies.ign.com/articles/035/035904p1.html

#2667889 - 02/06/09 07:42 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
Arthonon Offline
Veteran
Arthonon  Offline
Veteran

California
I actually briefly spoke to Jerry Doyle once back when the show was on. The woman I was dating at the time was a blues guitar player and was playing at this fairly nice bar in Coronado (an upscale coastal area of San Diego), and I saw him in the bar.

He and I went up to order drinks at the same time and I had to ask him about the show. I think it was during one of their longer breaks, and there were rumors floating around that they may not get renewed, and he was able to let me know that they were filming and new episodes would be coming out soon. He was pretty laid back, and seemed to appreciate people liking the show, and didn't mind talking about it, but I also tried to keep the intrusion to a minimum.

Ken Cartwright

No single drop of rain feels it is responsible for the flood.

http://www.techflyer.net

#2667901 - 02/06/09 07:58 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
Those are some fascinating interviews Whitestar. Thanks for posting those!!

#2667961 - 02/06/09 09:35 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Navigator Offline
Hotshot
Navigator  Offline
Hotshot

Mn U.S.A.
Quote:
Peter Jurasik standing in as a human!! He's to the left and behind Sheridan. smile

He sure looks different with out all the other stuff on.

Never rub another man's rhubarb.
#2669158 - 02/08/09 10:15 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: Navigator]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
After all this time I'm still not used to it.

#2669308 - 02/09/09 03:26 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
I just watched "Sleeping In Light" again today and god did I get torn up. Even the ending credits where you see each character choked me up, especially Londo.

#2669418 - 02/09/09 10:52 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
I love to see how they "aged from their very first scene to the last.

Panzer, you might want to read "The Centauri Trilogy", if you haven't already.

#2669456 - 02/09/09 01:36 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA

Panzer, you might want to read "The Centauri Trilogy", if you haven't already.

I will be reading those soon! I just have to buy them from Amazon since none of my local bookstores have them.

#2669882 - 02/10/09 02:14 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: PanzerMeyer]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

Zutphen, NL / ShangHai, China
I've recently watched the entire series in my spare time - even did a few almost-all-nighters. I loved the series although there were a few things that Star Trek does better IMHO.
But I didn't get to see the TV movies that were made afterwards. Do they still do something with this shadow-worms-taking-over-high-ranking-Centauri thread? To me it seemed a rather unfinished part - including this gift from Londo for Sheridan & Delenn's son?

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
#2670011 - 02/10/09 10:36 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: Legend]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted By: Legend
...Do they still do something with this shadow-worms-taking-over-high-ranking-Centauri thread? To me it seemed a rather unfinished part - including this gift from Londo for Sheridan & Delenn's son?

Centauri trilogy as well...

#2670069 - 02/10/09 01:33 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida

Miami, FL USA
...Do they still do something with this shadow-worms-taking-over-high-ranking-Centauri thread? To me it seemed a rather unfinished part - including this gift from Londo for Sheridan & Delenn's son?

I've always wondered about the same thing too Legend. If you only watch the tv show, it does seem rather abrupt and unexplained the whole thing with Londo leaving the urn with the Keeper on Minbar.

#2670134 - 02/10/09 03:32 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

I'll check it out... thanks. Only wonder if the timeline is kept in these books (like in the Star Wars universe) or is it apocryphal (like Star Trek)?

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
#2670629 - 02/11/09 10:45 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: Legend]  
WhiteStar Offline
WhiteStar  Offline

Sao Paulo, Brazil
It picks up right after Londo goes back to Centauri Prime. You can even watch 'Objects at Rest' (if I'm not mistaken, that's when Londo presents the urn to Sheridan and Delenn) and then pick up the book.

They are *that* good.

In fact, they are so good jms made them canon. And sice we are talking canon material, jms made the following books official:

# Psi Corps Trilogy by J Gregory Keyes - Tells the story of everyone's favourite Psi Cop, from before his birth to his death.
1. Dark Genesis: The Birth of the Psi Corps
2. Deadly Relations: Bester Ascendant
3. Final Reckoning: The Fate of Bester

# Centauri Prime Trilogy by Peter David
1. Legions of Fire: The Long Night of Centauri Prime
2. Legions of Fire: Armies of Light and Dark
3. Legions of Fire: Out of Darkness

# Technomages Trilogy by Jeanne Cavelos - This includes much material that would originally have been used in Crusade (where the technomages would have played a significant part had the series continued).
1. Casting Shadows (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 1)
2. Summoning Light (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 2)
3. Invoking Darkness (Babylon 5: The Passing of the Techno-Mages, Book 3)

# "The Shadow Within" by Jeanne Cavelos. The story of the Icarus: the ship that visited the Shadow homeworld, with Morden and Anna Sheridan on board.

# "To Dream in the City of Sorrows" by Kathryn Drennan (jms's wife). Marvellous for dipping in and out of events in the TV series, filling in gaps and tying up loose ends. I think jms's comments can sum this one up: "Frankly, if anyone asks from now on, "What happened to Sinclair after leaving B5?" I can point to this book and say, honestly, "It's all in there."

I'm telling you...it ties in the comics, the first year, the following year, the development of the Rangers, what happened to Marcus and his brother, what happened to Catherine Sakai, we learn a lot more about Valen..."

#2670878 - 02/11/09 05:57 PM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: WhiteStar]  
Moses Offline
I have a Rather Large
Moses  Offline
I have a Rather Large

Tulsa, Ok, USA
Didnt Peter David do a Star Trek book about different Starship think the title was Star Trek: New Adventures or something like that

edit Star Trek: New Frountiers

Very good star trek book

Last edited by Moses; 02/11/09 05:58 PM.

Jeff "Moses" Malone
Proud Member of 195th Dambusters Virtual Squadron.
http://561stbms.enjin.com/
#2671143 - 02/12/09 01:28 AM Re: Babylon 5 Fans [Re: Moses]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

New frontiers was fun, yes. Peter David is an excellent writer.

Whitehead, thanks for this list, I'll definitely order them!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.