#2667097 - 02/05/09 08:19 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection *** [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Originally Posted By: Gisen
ED chose their bed, they can lie in it. If and when they eventually realise how retarded they are being they can easily save themselves by getting rid of starforce.

Like I said, nuff said. Groove, you, or anybody else in this thread are more than welcome to have a difference of opinion.

As to your question in your last post:

Of those who have bought BS, who wouldn't have bought it if there was a pirate version available?

You are kidding, right?

We ALL know you have a anti SF/DCSBS agenda Gisen. Why? Other than SF...

Originally Posted by Abraham Lincoln
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2667098 - 02/05/09 08:20 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Gisen Offline
Wannabe Kogi Kaishakunin!
Gisen  Offline

Originally Posted By: Stormtrooper

Those that want to buy it will...those that don't won't. Now Gisen you know that BS has SF on it. Have you purchased it? If so you already know what may happen by your theory. If not then why are you in this forum? To prevent others from buying it or to stir the pot?

...and as Ghost said, read the rest of the threads and see how much fun people are having playing it. I have it yet don't have the time to devote right now. It's great imho.

Problems? nope none yet and it seems neither has anyone else.

Could any of you that HAVE bought BS answer my honest question: Would you still have bought it if it didn't have starforce? Even if you could in theory get it "free"?

What I'm doing in this forum: discussing Black Shark and it's copy protection. That's what it's for. If there is any chance of increasing the amount of pressure put on ED to change their misguided ways, I'll be happy, but I doubt they'll listen to their potential customers this time.

As to your question, I have said many times - apparently not enough - I will buy black shark the instant they get rid of the insidious, customer raping DRM infesting it.
I'm sure it is a great sim. I really want to play it.

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." Bertrand Russell
#2667103 - 02/05/09 08:25 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
As to your question, I have said many times - apparently not enough - I will buy black shark the instant they get rid of the insidious, customer raping DRM infesting it.
I'm sure it is a great sim. I really want to play it.

Oh believe me, you've said it quite enough. Trouble is, you expect people to listen to only you. Guess what, the majority, isn't. And yes, it is quite fun to play.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

#2667106 - 02/05/09 08:32 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: 531 Ghost]  
Gisen Offline
Gisen  Offline

Originally Posted By: 531 Ghost
ED chose their bed, they can lie in it. If and when they eventually realise how retarded they are being they can easily save themselves by getting rid of starforce.

Like I said, nuff said. Groove, you, or anybody else in this thread are more than welcome to have a difference of opinion.

That is my opinion. That their decision is retarded i.e. stupid i.e. wrong i.e. a bad business decision.
This is not the same thing as saying something like
What a dumb ass. I actually LOL watching him get jacked.

Which is clearly a personal insult, albeit in another forum. I think some people are getting a little (deliberately) over-sensitive here; maybe its a difference of culture but after a few years in the military I may seem harsh in the words I use to criticise.

To put it another way: I just really disagree with their business "plan" - that is a way of saying so. I didn't just call an individual names for the sake of it.

Quote:

As to your question in your last post:

Of those who have bought BS, who wouldn't have bought it if there was a pirate version available?

You are kidding, right?

No, I'm serious. I honestly don't think any of the users here would not have bought black shark even if it was available free* so I don't see what purpose starforce has.

Quote:

We ALL know you have a anti SF/DCSBS agenda Gisen. Why? Other than SF...

I do NOT have an anti-black shark agenda. I have an anti-malware agenda. I'd love to see black shark drop starforce and double its customer base or more.

*which it is, anyway

Last edited by Gisen; 02/05/09 08:33 PM.

"Most of the greatest evils that man has inflicted upon man have come through people feeling quite certain about something which, in fact, was false." Bertrand Russell
#2667114 - 02/05/09 08:36 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC

[quote=531 Ghost]

I said this where?

Oh, and believe me, after 31 years in and around the USMC, my skin's pretty thick. wink

Last edited by 531 Ghost; 02/05/09 08:45 PM.

#2667121 - 02/05/09 08:42 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: 531 Ghost]  
Gisen Offline
Gisen  Offline

I said this where?

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2661351/G.html#Post2661351

The point is, I don't think anyone would complain about that post, yet somehow they complain about a nonspecific comment on my opinion of a company's policy.

#2667125 - 02/05/09 08:47 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
OMG! You've GOT to be kidding! Did you actually WATCH that video? I did laugh, as I'm SURE many others have too. I was NOT attacking ANYBODY at SimHQ. Whereas, you, quite often, have. Either a member, or a company.

#2667136 - 02/05/09 08:54 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: 531 Ghost]  
Gisen Offline
Gisen  Offline

OMG! You've GOT to be kidding! Did you actually WATCH that video? I did laugh, as I'm SURE many others have too. I was NOT attacking ANYBODY at SimHQ. Whereas, you, quite often, have. Either a member, or a company.

Nice copout. So it's OK to insult people as long as they aren't members of SimHQ? That's good, since Eagle Dynamics - the corporate entity - is not a member of SimHQ.

Can we please just get a grip and acknowledge that the whiny "that's insulting because I disagree" brigade are wrong?

#2667142 - 02/05/09 09:08 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Copout? No, I asked where I said what I said as quoted by you. Thank you for that. So you think I insulted him, the non member of SimHQ? Seriously? I thought I was being kind. Afterall I could have called him a moron or some other applicable term. You are correct ED (Corporate) isn't a member but, ED Corporate members are.

Now, please back to the topic of Copy Protection, NOT *free versions of BS or slinging insults.

#2667156 - 02/05/09 09:26 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
Stormtrooper Offline
Lifer
Stormtrooper  Offline
Lifer

Could any of you that HAVE bought BS answer my honest question: Would you still have bought it if it didn't have starforce?

Yeah i bought it because i wanted to. Been a long time since i've flown a Great helo sim.

Even if you could in theory get it "free"?

Moot point since i wouldn't get it 'free' I'm not a thief.

#2667160 - 02/05/09 09:33 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: 531 Ghost]  
Gisen Offline
Gisen  Offline

Copout? No, I asked where I said what I said as quoted by you. Thank you for that. So you think I insulted him, the non member of SimHQ? Seriously? I thought I was being kind. Afterall I could have called him a moron or some other applicable term. You are correct ED (Corporate) isn't a member but, ED Corporate members are.

Now, please back to the topic of Copy Protection, NOT *free versions of BS or slinging insults.

Last post on this; That's not what I meant by copout, but never mind.

I was just saying that those whining about "offensive" opinions should bear in mind that even respected admins use "offensive" terms now and then - and there's no question that you insulted him, but justifiably. And that's the point too.

#2667163 - 02/05/09 09:38 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Stormtrooper]  
Gisen Offline
Gisen  Offline

Could any of you that HAVE bought BS answer my honest question: Would you still have bought it if it didn't have starforce?

Yeah i bought it because i wanted to. Been a long time since i've flown a Great helo sim.

Even if you could in theory get it "free"?

Leaving aside the insulting language wink can you then agree that starforce serves no good to anyone? (not even ED?)

It does not stop piracy. It causes less people to buy it than would have without it (we only disagree on the numbers that go without). It restricts legitimate customers use of their own property - say if ED gets bought out or goes under or some other unforseeable event takes down the authentication server in the future: You cannot install a game you own.

Even if you still cling to the idea that starforce in some way hinders piracy when a game is first released, that period is over; there's no need for it now.

#2667165 - 02/05/09 09:41 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
531 Ghost Offline
USMC
531 Ghost  Offline
USMC
Veteran

Elizabeth City NC
Okay, let's try this again:

Discussing anything other than Copy Ptotection in this thread = not good and WILL be deleted, (logged someplace else to be used later, if needed) by me, or another Admin. Okay?

It's that simple.

#2667196 - 02/05/09 10:40 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Gisen]  
RatBastid Offline
RatBastid  Offline

El Cajon, CA USA

Could any of you that HAVE bought BS answer my honest question: Would you still have bought it if it didn't have starforce? Even if you could in theory get it "free"?

OH in a heartbeat!

You know i have sat back and watched this thread go on and on and on and on........ think you get the point, and watch this thing continue this vicious circle around and around and for what? Honestly? Ok we get it you guys dont like starforce. Got ya, no problem every one is intitled to their opinion. But honestly do you guys have to keep throwing it in our faces? To me it seems like all you are trying to do is get people to hop on your wagon and crusade against what you feel isnt right. Do i totally agree with how they are doing Black Shark? Nope but thats how it is. You guys really need to get off your soap boxes. You have voiced your opinion on the matter we got it! PLEASE! Move along and stop beating a dead horse.

Oh and Gisen let me tell ya you make yourself appear to be mad because you cant download it and that quote i quoted just makes it look so much worse. thumbsup

Last edited by RatBastid; 02/05/09 10:42 PM.

Diagonally parked in a parallel universe!

#2667234 - 02/05/09 11:22 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Stormtrooper]  
LA_Gunz Offline
LA_Gunz  Offline

Lots of people today try before they buy. I've been guilty of that at one time or another. I buy the game if I'm going to play it though. What I've seen with SF protected games is that the backlash from the copy protection tends to turn people who ride the line between torrent/purchase into pirates. From what I've seen the new SF is much less intrusive than current versions. You can't get away from the stigma as SF was really a bad bit of malware in the past. People aren't willing to trust that easily. I fly in every major LOMAC/FC/BS server and with BS I see more people admitting to a pirated copy than I've seen with other games in the past. I can understand why the devs went with SF but it was just plain stupid to release a separate copy to the CIS when some of the most "affluent" pirates in the world are from there.

The sim is a really good sim. I'm glad I bought the english d/l version and didn't wait for the disc version. I can understand the potential customers' problem with limited activations though. I emailed Eagle for another serial number for Flaming Cliffs. I got it in two days as I'd run out of activations. I also saw others who had to wait close to a month to get another serial number. Customer service at Eagle is spotty at times. I don't think they have a dedicated crew who handles that. IMHO ED needs to do something different because between the activations and the copy protection they're missing out on customers. I honestly believe that it's more than just the few that are represented here on these boards.

#2667499 - 02/06/09 06:01 AM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: LA_Gunz]  
Zachstar Offline
Zachstar  Offline

The simple fact is that MOST have used the new version without issue and thus a boycott of tech means is wrongheaded. If you still feel that they need to be "punished" go ahead and not buy the game. However, Valve Software is not going to let malware infested software on their service. They will screen starforce carefully before allowing DCS to sell BS on there.

As for me. I am not silly enough to think there are more people than ever playing sims. This is not the 90s where sims were a dime a dozen.

Black Shark will have my money when it comes out on Steam.

#2667726 - 02/06/09 04:41 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: Zachstar]  
elanaiba Offline
Prototype Custom Title
elanaiba  Offline
Prototype Custom Title

Bucharest, Romania
A friend and colleague from work bought Black Shark this week. The game installed and activated fine on the work computer, but on his home one, he gets an activation error every time he tries and he loses an activation.

Apparently the issue is known:
http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=36095&highlight=activation

When contacting Tech Support and detailing the problem he was directed to Starforce support. And their answer is:

Quote:

We have know about this problem. The one will be solved in near future.. We will answer as soon as get some results..
Thank you for contacting our support group and sorry for the inconvenience.

So far, no idea when it will be solved.

For my part, I'm not buying this game until this is solved.

Last edited by elanaiba; 02/06/09 05:16 PM.
#2667748 - 02/06/09 05:00 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: elanaiba]  
LA_Gunz Offline
LA_Gunz  Offline

Thank you for the heads up, elanaiba. I'm sure that this tidbit of information is important enough to help someone make a decision on a purchase. If Eagle told me to contact a third party that I didn't contract with to purchase software, I'd be getting my money back. That's extremely poor customer support.

#2667797 - 02/06/09 05:48 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: LA_Gunz]  
elanaiba Offline
Prototype Custom Title
elanaiba  Offline
Prototype Custom Title

Bucharest, Romania
Actually I think they forwarded the problem to the ones better suited to solve it, but that doesn't make the end result any more useful.

I'm waiting and really willing to support ED, after all, I want them to be able to produce the Apache add-on smile :):)

But on the other hand, I see no reasons to invest in something that may or may not work on my computer, based on ... don't know what?!

#2667923 - 02/06/09 08:43 PM Re: Black Shark copy protection [Re: elanaiba]  
Zachstar Offline
Zachstar  Offline

I agree. I would rather starforce have to drag resources to it and spend money to fix their own damn crap than ED.

BTW this is all the better reason for me to get the Steam Version! You get to play it everywhere!

Page 51 of 60 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 59 60

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.