Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#2555771 - 07/23/08 12:42 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: Colt40Five]  
TerribleTwo Offline
Hotshot
TerribleTwo  Offline
Hotshot

Originally Posted By: Colt40Five
you're in denial terribletwo....we live on credit from the chinese, japanese, russian...etc...the value of our currency is at like 4% of it's lifetime value...all our manufacturing has been shipped over seas...and the idiocy of fractional reserve banking is coming to an end under the weight of the debt it has created. things are going to get MUCH worse before they can get better. Don't say no one warned you...

Some light reading, but this is the tip of the iceberg.

Well I'm glad you told me.

"College graduates should not have to live out their 20s in their childhood bedrooms, staring up at fading Obama posters and wondering when they can move out and get going with life" - Paul Ryan
Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2555776 - 07/23/08 12:49 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: Colt40Five]  
VF9_Longbow Offline
Hotshot
VF9_Longbow  Offline
Hotshot

Tokyo, Japan
i don't think the situation is nearly as bad as people think it is, and i don't think it's going to get as bad as people keep saying it will. one thing for sure, india and china are challenging the US in its position as the dominant superpower of the world and it's entirely as a result of the US pumping money into their economies instead of its own. what's next, africa?

#2555777 - 07/23/08 12:54 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
PanzerMeyer Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
PanzerMeyer  Offline
Pro-Consul of Florida
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Miami, FL USA
 Originally Posted By: VF9_Longbow
what's next, africa?

Hehe, let's see how long it'll be until China starts outsourcing some of its manufacturing to Africa. As for the whole superpower challenge with India and China, I welcome it. History has shown us that no nation has ever remained the top superpower of the world forever.

“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.”
#2555829 - 07/23/08 02:09 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
Legend Offline
Legsie is such a
Legend  Offline
Legsie is such a
Hotshot

Zutphen, NL / ShangHai, China
i don't think the situation is nearly as bad as people think it is, and i don't think it's going to get as bad as people keep saying it will. one thing for sure, india and china are challenging the US in its position as the dominant superpower of the world and it's entirely as a result of the US pumping money into their economies instead of its own. what's next, africa?

Vietnam. You can already see that India and China are getting too expensive somewhat. Vietnam is ready to take their place, at least for the extremely cheap labor. India is developing more towards the knowledge/information side (if you call a computer helpdesk there's a good chance you're rerouted to India already). Besides, India and China together are around 40% of the world market; they have a good place to sell their goods.

After Vietnam it will be South America, probably in 40-50 years time (earlier if they're smart over there). Africa still has too many internal problems.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more inexplicable.
There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
#2555935 - 07/23/08 05:00 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: graves_09]  
coasty Offline
coasty  Offline

Asheville, NC, USA
here is a link to our local weatherman, doing a take off on the past suspicions that he was in cahoots with the local grocery chain to predict snow in order to boost bread and milk sales. He retired recently, but has been doing commercials for a car dealer and Ingles grocery stores. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckntrTkchs

Have you seen the Arrow? WWW
#2555972 - 07/23/08 05:42 PM Re: Unprecedented Demand Cleans Out Major Storable Food Supplier [Re: VF9_Longbow]  
Vulgarity Offline
Vulgarity  Offline

"What's next" has and is already happening - I think everyone knows full well what foreign economy we're pumping insane money into these days.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.