Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2440494 - 02/04/08 07:24 PM Some questions I have...  
Dornil Offline
Dornil  Offline

Installed recently AH+CH, Allmods & 1.9.0 exe.
So, first of all I'd like to express my sincere gratitude to those people who made all this!
I,m new to helo sims, but for now it seems quite interesting:)
However I recently stumbled upon EECH1 and EECH2 comparison at Central, and some features, regarding EECH1, mentioned there I cannot find. Such as:
color MFDs for Alligator and Comanche -- mine are "black&orange"
full colored DTV -- same as above
auto rotation -- as I understand, this is supposed to mean possibility of auto-rotation emergency landing, how do I do it?

Also, flight model in EECH1 & EECH2 seem rather rather different. Which one is considered to be more realistic? If EECH1's, than how to apply the same to EECH2? Opposite is true as well.
What eech.ini settings are recommended? Especially "Dynamics" section.
Which gwut is recommended? I now use 1.8.2, but some thigs seem doubtful to me - enemy SAMs are easily distracted by countermeasures and avoided, while AAA is extremely effective even at very long range. Also enemy helicopters are too easy to shoot down, while they never suceeded in shooting down me.
Mi-24, while on the ground, sometimes has it's forward gear wheels 1 meter above the ground. Any way to fix this?

#2440505 - 02/04/08 07:55 PM Re: Some questions I have... [Re: Dornil]  
Kassie Offline
Kassie  Offline

the Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: Logrus
Also, flight model in EECH1 & EECH2 seem rather rather different. Which one is considered to be more realistic?

You can also change the flight model in eech.ini to the alternative version. Commenly considered the most realistic is the basic one. The most realistic flight model, however, can be found in Jane's Longbow, as I've heard of.

What eech.ini settings are recommended? Especially "Dynamics" section.

There's a page about eech.ini at EECH Central. On the last column you can find the settings that represents the most realistic setting.

Which gwut is recommended? I now use 1.8.2, but some thigs seem doubtful to me - enemy SAMs are easily distracted by countermeasures and avoided, while AAA is extremely effective even at very long range. Also enemy helicopters are too easy to shoot down, while they never suceeded in shooting down me.

Unfortunately, the game is too easy for the experienced user.

Mi-24, while on the ground, sometimes has it's forward gear wheels 1 meter above the ground. Any way to fix this?

Screenshot please...

#2440544 - 02/04/08 08:59 PM Re: Some questions I have... [Re: Kassie]  
SimFan Offline
SimFan  Offline

Europe
"The most realistic flight model, however, can be found in Jane's Longbow, "
Indeed Kassie. There was, to me, something about the Longbow series that I have never seen in another Helo-sim.
Not realism especialy, nor more 'fun/game' ... just different, perfect balance.
It was (for me) easier to get to grip with it than with any other sim, yet it offered so much in-depth 'feeling'. Sometimes one could forget (at the time that is) it was 'just a game', despite the now very dated graphics.. I can't explain it otherwise.
EECH comes *very* close, maybe the new 3D pit will make it complete, and make us all forget LB(2) ... I hope so.
In many ways EECH is already better than LB(2) ... yet LB(2) set the mark for all other helo sims to be judged by.
The fight model in LB(2) just 'felt' right. I still have no idea though whether the AH-64D's FM in LB2 is actually more realistic or not (compared to EECH).

#2440557 - 02/04/08 09:22 PM Re: Some questions I have... [Re: SimFan]  
Kassie Offline
Kassie  Offline

the Netherlands
 Originally Posted By: SimFan
The fight model in LB(2) just 'felt' right. I still have no idea though whether the AH-64D's FM in LB2 is actually more realistic or not (compared to EECH).

Yes, as they tell. Jane's version feels heavier to operate, which is more realistic to the real life counterpart, as they tell. I've no experience in this myself.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.