I recently bought FSX Deluxe after trying the FSX Demo. I installed the SP1 patch directly after I installed the main product, even before I ran the game once. I immediately noticed that much of the autogen was a steel gray color, the trees looked darker than in the demo, the white lines on the runways were a muted gray, and the runways were blackish in color. Furthermore, the cockpits of the comparable planes looked darker than in the demo ... the sailplane, for example, had lost the gradient and other details on the control bar.

I then experienced a technical difficulty installing Shockwave's WWII Fighters Special Edition pack. The installer popped up a message saying that my version of FSX was corrupted so WII Fighters couldn't be installed. I decided to do a complete reinstall.

On my second install, I ran the game once before applying SP1. The runways looked normal again, and the gradient was restored to the sailplane bar. Furthermore, the ships in Friday's harbor were white. I continued with SP1. Upon starting FSX again, I discovered that the muted autogen/runways problem had returned although seemingly to a lesser degree. I decided I could live with it, and I installed WWII Fighters. The P-47, the only plane I've tried, looked and flew great including proper rendering of the shining polished aluminum textures.

All things considered, I can live with the autogen/runways in their current state. If, however, anybody knows a way to fix them I'd be appreciative of suggestions. \:\)

Remove before flight