Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2232880 - 06/11/07 08:44 PM Patch update  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Quote:
We are currently testing a new patch version that was prepared by 1c late last week.

The new patchwas assembled using a newly updated compiler which should result in increased performance and stability for multicore CPU's. Already, testers with AMD 64 bit chips have noticed increases in speed across the board.

Mission play balancing and testing is also going on. I have no firm date for release of this patch as yet but I am considering releasing a "beta" patch if it looks like it will take too much longer.

I will have more info later this week on that idea and other patch details.

Madmatt

from BFC forums

I dont know why they give release dates of patches in the first place, it just pisses people off more. If 1C only released the patch to them last week it is already a month overdue \:\)

I will be away two weeks so by the tiime I come back I will only have to wait another 3 months \:\)

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2232962 - 06/11/07 10:21 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Chief Pheasant Controller
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
They should have just said "two weeks." As you see from that thread, I'm one of the P.O.d people, but at this point, I just want a regular friggin update so I'll just keep asking for it (at least BFC is giving that when prodded).

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#2232971 - 06/11/07 10:30 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
But either way, when Father's Day gets here, I'll have the wife's permission to load up the SB Pro PE that is sitting here and that'll distract me for quite some time!

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Blessed are you when people insult you and persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. Matthew 5:11

Indeed we call blessed those who have persevered. You have heard of the perseverance of Job, and you have seen the purpose of the Lord, because “the Lord is compassionate and merciful. James 5:11
#2232972 - 06/11/07 10:30 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
I like how Matt pretends he didn't promise by the end of the month. If that's so, then why did they feel the need to delete and edit the promise in question. Bollocks.

#2233046 - 06/12/07 12:48 AM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Krull Offline
Krull  Offline

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
But either way, when Father's Day gets here, I'll have the wife's permission to load up the SB Pro PE that is sitting here and that'll distract me for quite some time!

The very model of constraint. \:D

We really should get a bunch of us online & playing together once everyone is up to speed.

Very happy that the learning curve lends itself so well to my expectatioms of the sim. \:\)

Conroe E6600* 150GB WD Raptor* BFG nForce 680i SLI PCI MoBo* 2 x BFG 8800GTX in SLI* 4GB OCZ Nvidia SLI 1066 DDR2* Audigy X-FI Fatal1ty Edition* 1000kw BFG PSU* Logitec Z-680 5.1 THX Cert* Dell 3007WFP-HC 30"* Windows XP Professional SP2
#2234108 - 06/13/07 12:05 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
FinnN Offline
FinnN  Offline

Originally Posted By: Airdrop01
I like how Matt pretends he didn't promise by the end of the month. If that's so, then why did they feel the need to delete and edit the promise in question. Bollocks.

Actually that's not true - someone said so in a post, but if you look around the forum you'll see someone quoting that thread before the end of the month asking if it was still on track and it says 'end of the month' not 'end of May' in the quote. I never remember it being different from the current version, and I visit the forum often enough that I'd have noticed if it had.

That said, whether it was edited or not, it did say 'end of the month' during May - which is end of May, and that didn't happen and it was worded like a promise not a vague 'maybe end of the month'. It's hardly unique that something gets released a little late so to me that's hardly a biggy. What is disappointing is that they don't tell people that it won't be the end of the month, even when that's clearly not going to happen any more. Even then it took a few days for any comment. The same thing happened during the pre-release thing.

The 1C site put up a release date today for the Russian version of the patch (called the 2nd edition there) - 22nd June. I think it's reasonable to assume we'll see something at roughly the same time, maybe a bit later.

Have fun
Finn

#2234310 - 06/13/07 04:37 PM Re: Patch update [Re: FinnN]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
If you're arguing semantics to say "end of the month" stated on May 6 or so doesn't mean end of May then that is the height of absurdity and actually ticks me off more than the underlying facts. There were two post:. One dealing with the "Battle for Moscow" being all but done and to be released before the end of the month (that's been memorialized as I quoted it in my post over there). Another specifically has been "fixed" and it said the patch would be out by end of the month, as well.

The point remains.

I just hope they get it fixed, because obviously since I stupidly bought it TWICE, I WANT it to work....but I'm not willing to pretend that things didn't occur or that promises weren't made or that the product is even close to reasonably well done.

#2234325 - 06/13/07 04:54 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
FinnN Offline
FinnN  Offline

No, I'm not defending it - I thought that was clear in my post. The bit that's incorrect is that it was edited out 1984 style, which is a rumour currently doing the rounds.

Have fun
Finn

#2235942 - 06/15/07 06:20 PM Re: Patch update [Re: FinnN]  
Chazman1946 Offline
Chazman1946  Offline

Arizona
Let's have a reality check, this clunker wasn't developed by BF, and they have no direct control over fixing it at all, they are at the mercy of 1c for this and any statements that they have about when or what is in the patch is all smoke and mirrors in my estimation.

#2235952 - 06/15/07 06:28 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Chazman1946]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Patch has been released to BFC. BFC are testing it.

#2239830 - 06/19/07 02:14 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: SlapahoUK1
Quote:
We are currently testing a new patch version that was prepared by 1c late last week.

The new patchwas assembled using a newly updated compiler which should result in increased performance and stability for multicore CPU's. Already, testers with AMD 64 bit chips have noticed increases in speed across the board.

Mission play balancing and testing is also going on. I have no firm date for release of this patch as yet but I am considering releasing a "beta" patch if it looks like it will take too much longer.

I will have more info later this week on that idea and other patch details.

Madmatt

from BFC forums

I dont know why they give release dates of patches in the first place, it just pisses people off more. If 1C only released the patch to them last week it is already a month overdue \:\)

I will be away two weeks so by the tiime I come back I will only have to wait another 3 months \:\)

6.19.07 and still nothing from these jokers. No uppdate as promised 'later in the week (of the 11th) and nothing at all really. 1c is really crushing BFC with this and the idiots at BFC are only helping them do it by refusing to report to their clients on what is actually happening, instead choosing to take the shots themselves. There's not an asbestos suit thick enough for what this is doing to BFC.

#2241174 - 06/21/07 06:11 AM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Given the delay I would say it more and more likely they will release a 'limited' patch. They have posted screenies from the Moscow campaign though, which implied it was ready.

The most critical thing for me is the patch is tested to make sure it does not break anything before they see if it fixes anything.

BFC are reporting the status, when there is something to report. Would you have them post daily?

#2241409 - 06/21/07 02:08 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Considering that they lied and by the way they posted screens back in early May, and I STUPIDLY bought the game again after giving it away, and did so absed on their lie, I find it very enlightening that they have nothing to report. It is all about context. BFC doesn't want to throw 1C under the bus, and it is killing BFC.

Recall that they said the Moscow add on was basically in the can as of 5-8.

They said the patch would be out by the end of the month (May). They said the add o would be out by the end of the month (May).

I bought the game twice based on that.

They then said in late May they were testing.

In early June (6-11) they said they had a new version of the patch and promised more info later THAT WEEK. In A STUNNING DEVELOPMENT, they haven't been heard from since.

So if my $123 buys me anything, it is the friggin privilege to call them on their continuing lies and lack of accountability.

I've been nothing but reasonable with them. I've expected nothing other than what they've promised. Literally. That's a pretty low bar to reach.

Last edited by Airdrop01; 06/21/07 02:50 PM.

#2241725 - 06/21/07 08:06 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Chazman1946 Offline
Chazman1946  Offline

Arizona
Once you have sold your soul, and thrown ethics out the window to make a quick buck, it's pretty hard to come back to an ethical base.

#2241740 - 06/21/07 08:43 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Chazman1946]  
Gnasher Offline
Gnasher  Offline

West Sussex UK
Airdrop you should start supporting Accrington Stanley FC. It would set your expectation level correctly! \:D

#2241788 - 06/21/07 09:56 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Gnasher]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
Originally Posted By: Gnasher
Airdrop you should start supporting Accrington Stanley FC. It would set your expectation level correctly! \:D

\:D

#2243049 - 06/23/07 08:19 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
RyanE Offline
RyanE  Offline

Maine
I saw the latest reply from Matt on the patch. I may reading into things too much, but it sure seems like BFC is starting to get desperate/frustrated. I played out the campaigns and a few user scenarios a week ago. I have actually gone back to CMBB to play some new scenarios that I was interested in before TOW came out.

Maybe the patch will eventually bring me back. I am hoping some modding work and scenarios come out that will make waiting for the patch worth it.

I also saw they were bashing another reviewer for writing a bad review. Getting kind of old.

#2243064 - 06/23/07 08:37 PM Re: Patch update [Re: RyanE]  
SlapahoUK1 Offline
SlapahoUK1  Offline

Quote:
==================================================================================
Madmatt
Administrator
Member # 332

posted 23 June, 2007 08:28 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know guys, I am working on this very thing right now (Beta release now vs. a release later).

We wouldn't release a patch on the weekends anyway though because most of the file mirror places wouldnt pick it up until Monday so please just be patient as I am trying to get this all setup for you and will let you know what is decided.

Madmatt

==========================================================================

Just seemed like an update to me?

The patch isn't going to give much else if the game is already working for you, but the map editor will be a good adition. All I can see is them nerfing spotting etc which will make the game easier.

World In Conflict is my next 'big' game \:\)

have you read the windows gamer review btw? If you have already bought the game a review is pretty pointless. If you like the game you like it, if you dont you dont.

Last edited by SlapahoUK1; 06/23/07 08:38 PM.
#2243072 - 06/23/07 09:07 PM Re: Patch update [Re: SlapahoUK1]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
That is no different that what they said well over two weeks ago..."considering beta now vs a release later..." It's not an update but a put off.

#2243079 - 06/23/07 09:12 PM Re: Patch update [Re: Airdrop01]  
Airdrop01 Offline
Airdrop01  Offline
Hotshot

Kansas, USA
And it's not that the game is too hard. Anything but. It's just in horrible shape. Forget LOS problems, etc. Forget that it crashes on brand new systems. Forget that the missions and campaigns are absurd and we're told to edit them ourselves (as if we're programmers). Forget that the tanks turn their rear to the enemy to retreat (yeah, that's the gold standard of 1C for you!). How about that there are no waypoints, a feature in RTS games from over a decade ago. How about that the units literally stop, pause and then move when you change their orders or the direction they are to run in, etc. (again, something that hasn't been a problem in RTS games for over a decade).

What update?? It's exactly the same thing as before. The more they talk, the worse it gets. It's looking like they're so stupid that they're better off keeping their mouths shut.

I'd be fired inside of ten minutes if I treated my clients this way.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Meatsheild, RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Good F-35 Podcast
by RossUK. 04/08/24 09:02 AM
Gleda Estes
by Tarnsman. 04/06/24 06:22 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.