Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#2224925 - 05/31/07 06:41 PM Removal of TOW forum  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Since nearly every thread in the TOW forum in the Land Combat Zone, is a bashing or slagging on the game thread, or an attack on an admin from Battlefront, and every positive thread is hijacked
by anti TOW post and everyone that likes that game is either hesitant or refuses to post there anymore, I suggest the subforum be removed. Why would you keep a subforum running that is in such a state?
Thanks for your attention.

Last edited by flakwagon; 05/31/07 06:42 PM.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#2225088 - 05/31/07 10:22 PM Re: Removal of TOW forum [Re: commorange]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
Look, I understand your point. Please try and understand mine.

Our forums are about opinions. Could be positive, could be negative, could be "wait and see". I just did a look-see in the TOW "just a yes or no, would you recommend this game to a friend?" thread. Running about 33 to 11 negative to positive, with several people who said "maybe" or "waiting for patch".

Three to one negative, well, is what it is. What would you have us do? Squash any naysayers? Have it be only for the people who have played it and liked it? Hardly seems fair, or even honest. I know, just not right that the naysayers come into a "I liked it" thread and diss it. But again, it's about opinion. How about the opposite, somebody posts a "I Don't Like This Sim!" thread. Are only people who agree with that POV entitled to post in there?

I didn't like Whirlwind Over Vietnam, and said so in my review, and in our forum with the same title. Should I remove the forum since I didn't like it?

Back to TOW.

I keep a forum running that has interest and perceived value to our members. They can be negative about a simulation, that's their opinion. I don't care for it when a bunch of people come in and say "THIS SIM SUX!!!" with nothing in the way of examples to back it up, but I don't see a lot of that happening. I really don't care for it, and won't put up with members insulting each other, but I don't see much of that either. Sometimes insult is the eye of the beholder. Some people get all crossways about almost anything, for a variety of good, bad, and sundry reasons, some of which they regret or decide to reverse field on the next good day that comes their way. Sometimes not.

Now, can you point to an example or more of "bad behavior" in your opinion? Course you can, just like, in your opinion, the whole forum should be closed. While I appreciate your point of view, it's our forums, and we decide what goes and what doesn't. You can do the same with yours.

So, down and straight, no. I'm not going to shut the TOW forum down. I am going to allow our members to express their opinions, pro/con/neutral/wait & see. Not only in that forum, but the others as well.

Have you read any of my Forum Moderating opinion pieces? Seen the comments? How about "SimHQ, the happy shiny place where dissent is not allowed?" and worse? Think I don't know this as well? You're darned tootin' I do. So which is right?

I doubt you're going to agree with me, but I do hope you see the point.

Thanks for posting. Feel free to discuss further, if you want to.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.
#2225236 - 06/01/07 04:07 AM Re: Removal of TOW forum [Re: 20mm]  
commorange Offline
commorange  Offline

Troy, OH
Thank You for your nice reply. Yes I do see your point, I guess my premise was kind of that the forums are here for folks that like the games and are fans of them, not really for debates and or a lot of negativity. I see I was mistaken in that line of thinking, and actually I applaud your stance for a more tolerant and objective mindset. I'm not sure that was always the case here at SimHQ. I am well pleased and satisfied with your answer. In fact I am seriously considering changing sides again about this game. "If you cant beat em, join em" as they say. And as always,
I'll do my best to respect the rules that have been set forth.

my system: Intel Core I7 920 @ 3570ghz
Asus P6T MB
6 GB OCZ DDR3 RAM , dram freq 680 mhz, NB freq 2720 mhz
Radeon HD 4870 w/ 1 Gb vram
OS.. Windows 7 professional 64 bit
WD 2 TB hard disk drive etc.

#2225434 - 06/01/07 01:28 PM Re: Removal of TOW forum [Re: commorange]  
20mm Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
20mm  Offline
Site Emeritus
Honorary Forums Manager
Sierra Hotel

Tucson AZ
You're most welcome.

Pat Tillman (1976-2004):
4 years Arizona State University, graduated with high honors.
5 seasons National Football League player, Arizona Cardinals.
Forever United States Army Ranger.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.