Forums » Land & Armor Combat » Tactical Simulations - General » On games I would like to see being done Active Topics You are not logged in. [Log In] [Register User]
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:
#3414639 - 10/20/11 01:35 PM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: PanzerMeyer]
xclusiv8 Offline

Originally Posted By: PanzerMeyer
Originally Posted By: xclusiv8
I only have one wish. Hidden and dangerous 3!
Yeah same here but I don't think it will happen at this point. H&D 2 came out 8 years ago.

I keep dreaming yep What i am afraid of is that they would probably dumb down the game for todays audience.

#3414661 - 10/20/11 02:06 PM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: elanaiba]
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
I thought the company was gone? Illusion Softworks was bought out and became 2K Czech or something, and not long after Mafia 2 were dissolved.

The Jedi Master

#3414833 - 10/20/11 06:03 PM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: Jedi Master]
PanzerMeyer Online   centaurian
Effervescent Libertarian - SimHQ Supporter
King Crimson - SimHQ's Top Poster

Loc: Miami, FL USA
Originally Posted By: Jedi Master
I thought the company was gone? Illusion Softworks was bought out and became 2K Czech or something, and not long after Mafia 2 were dissolved.

The Jedi Master
Hmm..according to their wiki entry, the company is still around. I haven't been able to find anywhere online that 2k Czech has been dissolved,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_Czech

#3415111 - 10/21/11 08:29 AM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: elanaiba]
Jedi Master Offline
Entil'zha
Sierra Hotel

Loc: Space Coast, USA
Ok, I misremembered. It's still there, just gutted:
http://www.next-gen.biz/news/take-two-confirms-2k-czech-layoffs

The Jedi Master

#3415576 - 10/21/11 07:32 PM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: elanaiba]
James McKenzie-Smith Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted By: elanaiba

"Persistent online war being fought by thousands of players." Ack. You had me excited there for a moment, but I think I'll give this one a miss.

As it turns out, I am rather fond of your idea 2 concept, and I share similar dreams. I was thus excited when screens for the game 9th Company: Roots of Terror appeared showing first person action, as well as implying an overall strategic layer and RTS-style tactical command. Unfortunately, all of this was a false hope, and the result of Western web sites such as 'Rock, Paper, Shotgun' accidentally labelling screens from the Russian FPS game The Truth About 9th Company as belonging to 9th Company: Roots of Terror.

Raven Squad was supposedly an RTS/FPS hybrid, which is in theory somewhat close to what you describe, less an actual strategic layer. Alas, the game sucked.

This genre is basically empty, although by the looks of things, Graviteam's upcoming tank sim Steel Armor: Blaze of War combines both a tank sim with the tactical and operational gameplay of the Achtung Panzer series. Although it is not strictly like what you describe, it is getting there.

#3430032 - 11/09/11 11:51 AM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: elanaiba]
Supra Offline

Loc: Florida
I think my brother had an excellent idea for Flight sims, mind you he came up with this when the Commodore 64 was cool. But take a flight sim and add a Tycoon layer to it. So say you start out at the beginning of flight you are flying mail deliveries for money, as you make more you can hire NPCs to fly more flights, etc and as time passes you add passenger service and can upgrade your planes. throughout the eras. Basically it gives flight simulator a win condition. Which for me that is my issue with those games, they have no point outside of just flying the planes. I'm the type of person that typically needs a reason to do something in a game. Like make more money or advance to the next era, etc.

#3430283 - 11/09/11 04:34 PM Re: On games I would like to see being done [Re: elanaiba]
James McKenzie-Smith Offline

Loc: Vancouver, BC, Canada
It would be good to see a bush plane sim set in northern British Colmbia/the Alaskan Panhandle like that. Start out with a single seaplane, flying a few hunters or scientists about, and progress until you have a fleet of Twin Otters with floats, and Dash 8s flying out of the various airports there.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
Hop to:

Moderator:  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Automata (2014) film
by Patrocles
07:35 PM
Character wipe .49?
by Stormtrooper
06:32 PM
He 111 cockpit screens
by Sokol1
05:45 PM
Band of Brothers
by PanzerMeyer
03:38 PM
Warthog on the way
by Rumpelhardt
02:51 PM
My anaconda don't want none -
by letterboy1
02:50 PM
A2A P-51D JANIE uploaded
by Tom_Weiss
02:17 PM
2015 Z06 Corvette
by theKhan
01:53 PM
CryEngine 3's Physics Based rendering
by Farcaster
01:36 PM
SVMapper alternatives
by Apache600
01:08 PM

Forum Use Agreement | Privacy Statement
Copyright 1997-2014, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.