Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#1779527 - 12/29/06 02:16 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Razer40 Offline
Razer40  Offline

Hi again guys,

Just to let you know a bug reporting thread for ODS is now up at marks...

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=114613

Keep your eye on it for any fixes or updates that may become available.

Happy Flying

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1779528 - 12/29/06 04:42 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
PaulB Offline
PaulB  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by RAF74 Home Fries:
PaulB,

If you're referring to Frugalsworld, you can block signatures from your view.

Personally, I've grown fond of a lot of the signatures (and it shouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out to which ones I refer). ;\)
Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps now I can browse that forum without constant loading \:\)

Boy, that installing is quite the CPU hit...do not be doing other things while this thing goes in!

#1779529 - 12/29/06 08:11 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
Quote:
Originally posted by PaulB:
Quote:
Originally posted by RAF74 Home Fries:
PaulB,

If you're referring to Frugalsworld, you can block signatures from your view.

Personally, I've grown fond of a lot of the signatures (and it shouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure out to which ones I refer). ;\)
Thanks for pointing that out. Perhaps now I can browse that forum without constant loading \:\)

Boy, that installing is quite the CPU hit...do not be doing other things while this thing goes in!
Why not?

I was running as normal while installing. I just minimized the installer and kept working as usual. Several open IE7 browsers... Outlook 2007, Excel 2007, and Word 2007... and several other open apps. The installer did not hit me too hard, it just was a long install.

-Skater

"As Iron Sharpens Iron, so does a friend sharpen a friend." Proverbs 27:17
"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#1779530 - 12/29/06 09:03 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
PaulB Offline
PaulB  Offline

Oh once it went into the 'corrections' section with the terrain, I couldnt tab back top it. It went into "Not Responding" and took a long time to get a Ctrl-Alt-Del to display the tasks. I've since re-installed (after a good long reboot) and it installed successfully.

#1779531 - 12/29/06 10:35 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
Oh ok, yeah, some background tasks that have a high priority can cause the installer to hang.

-Skater

"There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female, for ye are all one in Christ Jesus." Galatians 3:28
Never, ever, underestimate the ability of people to discount Occam's Razor. - Dart
"I don't want to abolish government. I simply want to reduce it to the size where I can drag it into the bathroom and drown it in the bathtub." - Grover Norquist
#1779532 - 12/31/06 12:24 AM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Ribeye Offline
Ribeye  Offline

US
Quote:
Originally posted by Chappy USVN:
Operation Desert Storm is available for download for F4-AF.

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=114487
Finally someone has figured it out...

Well, good for you ! No more LP's theocracy of tyrany!

Very comendable effort... but.. sadly, Desert Storm theater single player's campaigns are not finished....as someone pointed out at Frug's - they are not winnable....

Some folks here claim they won the custom made camp (the top one) online.. well, that'll be on their conscience...

...rest assured, the whole theater needs a lot of work to finish it..

You folks just have to clarify it for new people tha this theater is a pre-alpha.... Work-in-Progress...and is not by any stretch anywhere near a finished release for single player...

Keep up the good work, just make sure to researc the database and bring those campaigns up to speed.. This theater has been around for five years...

#1779533 - 12/31/06 01:42 AM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Skater Offline
Skater  Offline

NYC
Yep, we did win it online on Day 1 after bombing them mercilessly until we managed to capture most of Kuwait.

The news report said DPRK surrenders to the Allies three times.

Clock stopped, and you could not task any new flights.

Sounds like a win to me.

Yes, it is an Alpha release, and yes, the campaigns are unfinished. However, they are playable, if you want a change from the stock campaigns.

We are working to get a completed, and historically accurate ODS out very soon. Playability issues may force us to change this plan though.

-Skater

#1779534 - 12/31/06 05:59 AM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Shabo Offline
Shabo  Offline

chicago
gotta a question for you all out there, a few of us have taken on the task of re-writing the ENTIRE campaign.....well last night we pooled our resources and well to be honest when we mimicked what the real ODS had way back when, well for lack of a better word, we pummled them. Lets not forget Iraq has no real air threat compared to what we had. So we have kinda run into a dilema... do we release what there was at the time of the war ( respective jets and ground troops, which makes it way to easy for blue side) or do we "up" the ante like LP did in the Korean theatres and add better a/c and ground troops as well as SAM threats (they only had 2's 3's and 5's from what we have been reading).
Also due to the vast amount of not only aircraft but ground troops in the real theatre when we mimick those amounts, the campaign becomes very "laggy". We think this is a direct result of the amount of **** thats on the map, so we have gone ahead and "toned" down the numbers. Also, as you are all well aware of, the realistic flight lengths for the majority of aircraft that were in operation were very long, so the next question is, would you like to see strike aircraft and fighters closer to the FLOT even though it would be unrealistic?
All your input and insight would be great, feel free to PM me or email me at mshabo@comcast.net or post on this thread. Thaks in advance.

#1779535 - 12/31/06 06:59 AM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
exhausted Offline
exhausted  Offline

none
Keep it realistic. Have an ODS - Historical and an ODS - Hard. Go ahead and tone down where you need for a playable campaign, but let's have both. Jordan has F-16's, right? What about a Jordan vs Iraq scenerio \:\)

Words, such as liberal and liberty, all trace their history to the Latin liber, which means "free".
#1779536 - 12/31/06 01:43 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Chappy. Offline
Chappy.  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by exhausted:
Keep it realistic.
I second that.

#1779537 - 12/31/06 01:44 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Razer40 Offline
Razer40  Offline

Hi Shabo,

Thats excellent news \:\)

What we would like to see is a full 9 cams in their own directories EX: 2005 2010 just like the stock AF Theaters so that we can have a mix of modern day airframes and weapons systems in hypothetical scenarios

At mo im working on a 2010 cam featuring Typhoons, Raptors, Su30, 32, 33, mig29sm, mirage, vipers(block 52 ccip), sa10, sa17, patriot, ect ect.

So far from my playtesting its really explosive and im hoping to bring it out in a patch for ODS later when the existing cams are finished... \:\)

Go for it

#1779538 - 12/31/06 02:22 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
TurtleHawk Offline
TurtleHawk  Offline

San Diego, CA, USA
Unless there is some reason not to, why not do all of the above?
For those who want "realism" give them that; for those who want alternatives/hypotheticals give it to 'em!

One of the things I appreciate most about F4:AF, is flexibility.

So, I would ask for realistic and hypothetical campaigns, please.

And THANK YOU for sharing your work.

HAPPY NEW YEAR, everyone!!!
TurtleHawk

"Sure did blow up good..."
#1779539 - 12/31/06 03:27 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
kentcol Offline
kentcol  Offline

Seguin, TX, USA
If there has to only be one or the other....realistic for me!

#1779540 - 12/31/06 07:17 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Shabo Offline
Shabo  Offline

chicago
realistic means that there is no frmidabal(sp) air threats, and well you can capture kuwait city in almost 6 hours if you really want to, now if you play it correctly amd dont move your ground troops and just bomb the heck out of them for 6 days, well thats the realistic way. I will keep you all posted on progress. For now heres a map of what its looking like on the ground so far, I have about half the ground forces on the blue side done and almost all the RED side forces doe as well..

So as you can see, we already exzagerated the red side and the blue side still kicks there ass. Some more tweeaking to come.

#1779541 - 12/31/06 09:12 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Ribeye Offline
Ribeye  Offline

US
Quote:
Originally posted by Skater.:
We are working to get a completed, and historically accurate ODS out very soon. Playability issues may force us to change this plan though.

-Skater
Hypothetical scenario will be good too...Like present day Iran take over the Middle East, frogs are sucking up to them, as usual, and we are the only good guys standing up against them...

Persian Freedom could be a good start to modify..

Good job, guys ! Keep it coming...

#1779542 - 01/01/07 02:58 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Chappy. Offline
Chappy.  Offline

Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Shabo:
realistic means that there is no frmidabal(sp) air threats, and well you can capture kuwait city in almost 6 hours if you really want to, now if you play it correctly amd dont move your ground troops and just bomb the heck out of them for 6 days, well thats the realistic way. I will keep you all posted on progress. For now heres a map of what its looking like on the ground so far, I have about half the ground forces on the blue side done and almost all the RED side forces doe as well..

So as you can see, we already exzagerated the red side and the blue side still kicks there ass. Some more tweeaking to come.
I'm really excited and I really like what I see there. Keep up the good work, sir!

I smell another addiction for the new year \:D

#1779543 - 01/01/07 05:03 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Im all for realism, but if we make a campaign
theatre that is winnable in 6 hours,
is the effort really going to have long legs?

Maybe there can be multiple ODS by years like
ODS-2000
ODS-2005
ODS-2010

Where the 05 and 10 ODS' are increasingly more
difficult assuming that dead rat had more time
to get aid from other countries?

Just my 2 cents

AV8R
#1779544 - 01/01/07 07:14 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
Razer40 Offline
Razer40  Offline

Thats ecactly what were after...

nine cams in three three different time frames just like the stock AF theaters.

Each will have its own objects directories so that skins and weapons systems can be used for that exact timeframe :p

#1779545 - 01/02/07 09:56 PM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
PaulB Offline
PaulB  Offline

Kind of related...

How does one make this campaign available via HyperLobby? It doesn't show on the list of campaigns available.

I'd like to offer this on my dedicated server...or should i just load up and post my IP?

#1779546 - 01/03/07 01:34 AM Re: ODS available for F4-AF!!!  
AV8R Offline
AV8R  Offline

Southern California USA
Swap out the original supported campaign data
and stuff in ODS as a work around?

AV8R
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.