Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1765931 - 02/13/06 12:45 PM LP - Making mission building easier?  
falcon47 Offline
falcon47  Offline

USA Southeast
I'm tasking a number of missions in the campaign as the slider preferences still aren't making a huge dent in some of the AI tasking (especially SEAD strikes). Someone else has previously posted on making the targets easier to find in the list, but I couldn't find the thread searching, so I'm bringing it back up.

When picking the type of mission, SEAD strike for example, then moving to the targets, one has to scroll down a list which is numerically not in order. Likewise Deep Strike brings up a long list, not alphabetized. Would it be difficult to program those lists to be in alpha/numerical order, as that would really simplify trying to task these, especially for those of us with tired old eyes Thanks in advance for considering...

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1765932 - 02/13/06 02:55 PM Re: LP - Making mission building easier?  
Teej Offline
Teej  Offline

Wait...

As your "target" for a deep strike....can't you just (starting at the 2D map, not in a package plan yet) right click the target, add package, select strike....and have it assume the proper target?

That part is easy when I plan missions. The real PITA is adding accompanying flights where you have to find the first flight's callsign in the 'target' list...especially when there's often multiple uses of the same flight callsign (ie 2-3 "LOBO1" entries).

#6 - Opposing / Left Solo
Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster
#1765933 - 02/13/06 03:04 PM Re: LP - Making mission building easier?  
Ed_1 Offline
Ed_1  Offline

NYC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by falcon47:
I'm tasking a number of missions in the campaign as the slider preferences still aren't making a huge dent in some of the AI tasking (especially SEAD strikes). Someone else has previously posted on making the targets easier to find in the list, but I couldn't find the thread searching, so I'm bringing it back up.

When picking the type of mission, SEAD strike for example, then moving to the targets, one has to scroll down a list which is numerically not in order. Likewise Deep Strike brings up a long list, not alphabetized. Would it be difficult to program those lists to be in alpha/numerical order, as that would really simplify trying to task these, especially for those of us with tired old eyes Thanks in advance for considering...
Hi

Maybe I am missing something, but why not pick the target you want to attack on map , say sead on airdefence. Find the AD on map and use "add package" that will default to that target and sead role with proper loadout. Only thing you need then is AC type and squadron, and probably adjust takeoff time so you have available AC.

Ed

#1765934 - 02/13/06 03:44 PM Re: LP - Making mission building easier?  
falcon47 Offline
falcon47  Offline

USA Southeast
Thanks for the replies, Teej and Ed.

Maybe I'm missing something here, too, then. On extreme map focus, let's say I want to nail an airfield. I right click it, and first perform recon, and if it needs to be hit, I'll pursue tasking a mission. But, what if recon also shows a still active AD system around the airfield which is often the case. I want to nail them first, so I change to SEAD strike instead of OCA strike, but what always comes up in the target window is the default for the 202nd AAA batallion (at least for my sys) unless I have recently targeted a specific AD batallion then it comes up again as the default. But to continue the example say at Haeju, it is the 4842nd I want to strike first, so I then have to scroll through all of the target list and it is time-consuming and confusing because they are not in numerical order. 5-10 minutes later I then send in the airfield OCA strike after the AD's been cleared. Has worked like a charm, but it's taking alot of time to task each one this way.

Same as when you right click on a SAM site. The SAM site will come up and be tasked as the target, but not the specific batallion (and if a batallion doesn't show up, I don't waste time pounding left over dust at the site). Maybe I'm getting too compulsive on this SAM part, for the package assigned to hit the SAM site should know to take out any active batallion elements which might still be there, but I usually change it to say SEAD strike to specifically get the batallion elements listed as the target, and once again, I have to go through the list of every AD batallion to make it match the batallion that is there, not the default 202nd...

I'm just wondering why we can't have the target listings in alpha- and numeric- order? Thanks.

#1765935 - 02/13/06 03:52 PM Re: LP - Making mission building easier?  
falcon47 Offline
falcon47  Offline

USA Southeast
I went back and checked - I had divisions checked, not batallions (so they weren't showing up - my bad), so once I checked them, I see your point on this. It might still be helpful to put the target listings for each category in alpha- and numeric- order if it isn't too time-consuming to program. Thanks again.

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Headphones
by RossUK. 04/24/24 03:48 PM
Skymaster down.
by Mr_Blastman. 04/24/24 03:28 PM
The Old Breed and the Costs of War
by wormfood. 04/24/24 01:39 PM
Actors portraying British Prime Ministers
by Tarnsman. 04/24/24 01:11 AM
Roy Cross is 100 Years Old
by F4UDash4. 04/23/24 11:22 AM
Actors portraying US Presidents
by PanzerMeyer. 04/19/24 12:19 PM
Dickey Betts was 80
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/19/24 01:11 AM
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.