Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1761950 - 12/23/05 05:39 PM Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Jimi-Jam Offline
Jimi-Jam  Offline

Hi, here a few questions about the sim go:

Precision waypoints bombing: In all the guides I read about this, I always read: "write down the preplanning screen recon page coordinates of the target and put it on DEST ICP page when ramping start" But, then I need retain it on memory or write it on a paper?? There is no way to do without aux tools (paper and pen)?? If not, maybe a good request for feature, to have the option of writing the coordinates we want on the brienfing book of the pilot, same as done with initial point coordinates to INS alignment.

Reconnaisance pod: When I put low alt camera on the aircraft, if I select it cycling through the A-G weapons, it appears its own HUD simbology with a circle to aim the photo camera. But in manual is written that in sms page there is a OSB labeled as RCCE and if I push it the RCCE camera SMS page appears with labels like RUN RDY INV RPOD IDX#... If I push the RCCE button in-sim nothing happens, why?? Although without that options I can do photos, options like "RUN" in that page that not appear to me, makes me think it can be a camera to record videos or something like that. Is there any mission that a video recording is required?

FLIR: Is there any cockpit switch to active FLIR, or is shift-h the only option to active it?

TFR: It appears that sometimes I can active TFR without more actions than go to TFR page, putting it ON, NORM, and the Alt I want, but sometimes it appear "WPN OFF" and I cannot active it. (I tried weapons armed and unarmed and I checked Radar Alt is On) Is there any F16 Block dont have it? or no having it on training missions? or what? please explain me this.

Nuclear weapons: In cockpit there is a switch to consent nuclear weapons release. What are the nuclear weapons can I charge on the aircraft? Are there in any concrete campaign or scenario or something like that?

Dogfight HUD simbology: In manual is written that "DGFT" label has to appear when I go to dogfight override mode, but that label not appear. However, if Im in TCN/ILS mode and I go to dogfight mode it appears, why?

ILS HUD simbology: I've read something about the tadpole on ILS and it indicates the 45º bank to intercept the CDI perfectly if I activate something on the ICP. Anyone can explain me this or give me a link where its explained?

Waiting for feedback.
Thanks in advance

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1761951 - 12/23/05 06:30 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Joe Offline
Veteran
Joe  Offline
Veteran

Bridgewater, NJ
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimi-Jam:
I always read: "write down the preplanning screen recon page coordinates of the target and put it on DEST ICP page when ramping start" But, then I need retain it on memory or write it on a paper?? There is no way to do without aux tools (paper and pen)??
Yes, you need pen and paper.

Quote:
Nuclear weapons: In cockpit there is a switch to consent nuclear weapons release. What are the nuclear weapons can I charge on the aircraft? Are there in any concrete campaign or scenario or something like that?
There are no nukes available in the campaign. I'm not sure about TEs.

#1761952 - 12/23/05 06:38 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Jimi-Jam Offline
Jimi-Jam  Offline

Then, if they are on TEs, what are the name of that weapons? When exploded, can be seen the nuclear tree?

#1761953 - 12/23/05 06:38 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Col_Klink Offline
Col_Klink  Offline

North Carolina
Joe is correct...no nuclear options in campaign...but you can load nukes in TEs. Make sure you drop within parameters...parachute drag, high altitude release...then bug out of the blast area. Screen will white out upon detenation...turn around and look and see the world on fire. Everybody needs to do it just once for grins...but not really an effective weapon in a TE, except for giggles. Makes a nice surprize for fellow flyers if flying multiplayer, and all are just goofing off. \:\)

Klink sends.

#1761954 - 12/23/05 06:44 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Jimi-Jam Offline
Jimi-Jam  Offline

Col_Klink, and what is the name of that bomb or weapon??? Can u help me on the other questions?

Thanks

#1761955 - 12/23/05 06:57 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Tadpole_UK Offline
Tadpole_UK  Offline

London, UK
The nuclear weapon is listed as the B61.

It is shown as out of stock in the campaigns.

#1761956 - 12/23/05 07:11 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Jimi-Jam Offline
Jimi-Jam  Offline

Thx very much. any help on other questions??

#1761957 - 12/23/05 07:15 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
tcable Offline
tcable  Offline

Taunton, MA, USA
AFAIK, in US aircraft, there needs to be 2 aircrew to consent release. At least that's they way it used to be. F-15E is the smallest that would actually carry nukes...

I doubt that the NCA would trust a weapon like that to a single operator!

#1761958 - 12/23/05 08:38 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Red15 Offline
Red15  Offline

Lokeren, Belgium
Quote:
Originally posted by Jimi-Jam:
TFR: It appears that sometimes I can active TFR without more actions than go to TFR page, putting it ON, NORM, and the Alt I want, but sometimes it appear "WPN OFF" and I cannot active it. (I tried weapons armed and unarmed and I checked Radar Alt is On) Is there any F16 Block dont have it? or no having it on training missions? or what? please explain me this.
Check your radar settings, see if your not running in SILENT or QUIET mode override.

A diplomat is a person who can tell you to go to hell in such a way,
that you actually look forward to the trip.
-- Caskie Stinnet
#1761959 - 12/23/05 09:08 PM Re: Reconnaisance pod, TFR, FLIR, Nuclear weapons, and other rookie questions  
Jimi-Jam Offline
Jimi-Jam  Offline

Not SILENT or QUIET mode, the radar is okay

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Exodus
by RedOneAlpha. 04/18/24 05:46 PM
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.