Hi! I moved this one from the Weekend MP
thread, page 2. I think it's better placed here.
I own an AMD Athlon64 3200+ CPU. This seems to make the installation procedure much easier. I don't need to manipulate the Boot.ini or any other files, except the heap percent addition in the CA.ini file.
Here's my post (slightly edited):
-----------------------------A big thank you to you guys for your help!
Some comments on your tips:
-You can't use the glide wrapper unless you install the lb2_ddu.exe
This file generates the lb2cfg.exe you need to set the glide mode. At least if you use the German installation.
-You can't use the english patch on the German version. You get an error message that the patch isn't compatible.
I tried all your tips and the last one is the one and only one that helps.
I simply made a link on the desktop and activated the win95 compatibility mode.
After that I deactivated all other "tricks" step by step to find out the minimum manipulation I need to run the game properly.I don't need to change the pagefile size at all. I'm one of the lucky guys who can use the allocator.exe to set the 366MB RAM use on the fly.
What I did to get the German Longbow2 version
First of all you should get the following progs from Speichert.com:
dgVoodoo Glide wrapper
1. Install the game on the default location c:\Janes\Longbow. Any other location would work with my method.
2. Install the patch lb2209i.exe
. It's the international version you need, the english version doesn't work with the German game version.
3. Install the ddu patch (lb2_ddu.exe
). You need it for the renderer settings.
4. Open the CA.ini file in the Longbow2 directory and append the following two lines to it:[Backdoors]
5. Install the dg Voodoo Glide wrapper. Simply copy the following three files into your Longbow2 folder:
GLIDE2X.DLL, GLIDE.DLL, DGVOODOOSETUP.EXE
6. Run lb2cfg.exe
in the Longbow2 directory. Set the renderer to 3Dfx.
7. Copy the memory allocator (Allocator.exe
) to the Longbow2 folder.
8. Make shortcuts on your desktop for LB2.exe, DGVoodoosetup.exe nad Allocator.exe.
9. Change the properties of the LB2.exe shortcut. Right-click -> Properties
. Click the "Compatibility" tab
. Activate the Compatibility mode checkbox
(how's it called in English?) and choose Windows 95
in the drop-down menu. Click OK.
10. Congratulations. You're done.
and you finished the game you can close the allocator.exe