Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
#1392899 - 08/28/04 09:47 PM I've tried really hard!  
Borton Offline
Borton  Offline

Wiltshire, England
Imho you are wasting you're time if you are not using TrackIR. No I haven't got shares in them but without it is a near impossibility to find your opponent. He is also capable of turning on a sixpence. If he goes roaring past you, guns blazing, then a small evasive manoeuvre, followed by a tight, slow turn should put you on his tail. Well, shades of CFS1, no it doesn't. Within seconds, he's back on your tail.

Again, imho, don't pick an aircraft with an overhead wing, e.g. a Dolphin. You'll never see him!

On my system (see below) it takes an inordinate amount of time for the game to load from desktop. If it does, that is! On a number of occasions I've been advised that there is no disk inserted!

In Setup, you must hit the Vertical Sync button, otherwise you will only be able to look left/right, even with TIR. I have also found that with some of the View buttons, you still cannot look up and down, even with V Sync on. Cas141, this solves my problem of suddenly not being able to look up and down; I started with in-cockpit view where you can and, in desperation, switched to external view, where you can't.

WoW doesn't like Wacom Graphic pads! On a number of occasions I found that my mouse had stopped functioning (I use both mouse and pen). Initially, I tried everything to get out of a 'freeze', including using the Manager, who didn't want to know! Eventually, after it had happened for the umpteenth time, I picked up my graphic pen and scribbled on the tablet. Miraculously, the mouse was released!

I have also had Memory dumps on 3 occasions when attempting to re-start the computer. Whether this has anything to do with WoW, I'm not sure but I have my suspicions!

In Death Match you can end up fighting with somebody who is supposed to be on your own side - which is a bit silly! The Bots(ugh!) or AI seem to think so too, according to some of their comments. One to One in the team event is much better.

If they intend to bring out a version 2, I suggest people wait until then. WoW has great potential; the graphics and scenery are very good but ....

Athlon XP2600
ATI Radeon 9700 Pro 128Mb DDR 4xx AGP (AA etc on full!)
512Mb DDR PC2700 184Pin RAM
Creative Labs Audigy Player 5.1 PCI
Windows 2K Pro
Sidewinder MSFF2 Joystick
DirectX 9.0b
TrackIR2 3.2

Biggles

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1392900 - 08/28/04 10:22 PM Re: I've tried really hard!  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Borton - S!
Glad you solved your lost up and down.
I've re -read the manual and there is a marked difference, in AI accuracy and manueverability if you make sure you are on Easy settings, ( in Classic mode , of course ) in Options.
Compared with FB one on one, it is harder if you get a dridecker against you, because of their skittish ability.Get a bigger enemy and he can be easier. Luck of the draw, I reckon.
It seems if you change or make a new pilot that your settings revert, and if on Classic it will be changed to "hard" again. It's worth a check now and then.
I run 98SE and I have fast loading, never had a CTD, nor a computer problem I can associate with WoW. Is like F B in that respect.
I think Windows 2000 is a prime suspect. Not really a "game" O. S.
Yes, I've just noticed in deathmatch that if you are flying British, then your AI opponent will be British \:\( One of the few bugs, I presume.

If you can dogfight FB you will be able to dogfight this. But don't assume it's easy.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1392901 - 08/29/04 12:17 AM Re: I've tried really hard!  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yeah but "dogfight" is everyman for himself so there will be a mix of players some Eng some German. I haven't seen Team deathmatch with those bugs. Just pick "Team Deathmatch" and 1v1 instead of DM and 1v1?

Also on a LAN game no human player gets rockets so good idea if you have a few friends who want to dogfight on a LAN only. Of course also make sure everyone turns off the bonus indicators etc, unless they are bad and need all the help they can get to even the odds slightly \:\)

Can't find your oponent? Then toggle the radar on briefly, or press the down arrow on the numpad and cycle through 1 target at a time to tag with a yellow indicator.

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#1392902 - 08/29/04 07:37 PM Re: I've tried really hard!  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Quote:
Originally posted by Polovski:
Yeah but "dogfight" is everyman for himself so there will be a mix of players some Eng some German. I haven't seen Team deathmatch with those bugs. Just pick "Team Deathmatch" and 1v1 instead of DM and 1v1?

Yes, quite right, and which is what I think I've said. It's just Deathmatch type I am referring to and not TEAM DM, where the opposition is always the "other side"
But what happens in Deathmatch is this. Fly as a German and you fight a British plane. Which really is what you expect offline.However, fly as a British, and you always fight a British plane.
Not a big problem , unless you are xenophobic ;\)

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Grumman Wildcat unique landing gear
by Coot. 04/17/24 03:54 PM
Peter Higgs was 94
by Rick_Rawlings. 04/17/24 12:28 AM
Whitey Herzog was 92
by F4UDash4. 04/16/24 04:41 PM
Anyone can tell me what this is?
by NoFlyBoy. 04/16/24 04:10 PM
10 Years ago MV Sewol
by wormfood. 04/15/24 08:25 PM
Pride Of Jenni race win
by NoFlyBoy. 04/15/24 12:22 AM
It's Friday: grown up humor for the weekend.
by NoFlyBoy. 04/12/24 01:41 PM
OJ Simpson Dead at 76
by bones. 04/11/24 03:02 PM
They wokefied tomb raider !!
by Blade_RJ. 04/10/24 03:09 PM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.