Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#1391617 - 06/04/04 10:37 AM Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

For a game thats been in the pipeline for so long, and thats due to be released in 6 months we have had very little info.

The website has had an update only twice to my knowledge in what must be a timeframe measured in years not months.

I don`t want to or like to sound pessimistic but those are the facts.I`d like to think aspect are beavering away with the release set to come out on time.but the lack of additions to the site in all this time makes me wonder if there are problems.

im not so much worried about the actual content as much as whether or not the thing is actually coming...i find the lack of info very strange.

Inline advert (2nd and 3rd post)

#1391618 - 06/04/04 11:56 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Remember, Far Cry struck like lightning too... well kinda anyway.

I for one am glad to see Aspect isn't hyping this project but assumingly extremely busy finishing and polishing this benchmark WW1 sim \:D

#1391619 - 06/04/04 06:18 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

I agree that more info an page updates would be nice, but that's all in the public relations department. We can tell from the screenshots alone they are better at software engineering than public relations, and I for one don't mind that! \:\)

Lack of updates is nothin! You havnn't been to wingswithwires.com then \:\) . Anyhow, I think that project is slowly coming along - they posted some renders of the planes on pseudo-backgrounds and that got me interested enought to keep checking back.

#1391620 - 06/04/04 10:02 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

St.Charles, Missouri U.S.A.
I've learned patience too from hanging around WWW for three years now, and also how much effort it truly takes to make a flight sim with only a small team to do all the work!

In fact I'd hate to be working all the overtime the designers at Aspect are probably putting in day after day to bring us a product both they and we can respect!

We can only hope, and wait..........what else is there to do!!! ;\)

#1391621 - 06/05/04 08:20 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Manuc Offline
Manuc  Offline

Germany
KOE is vaporware like wings with wires...be sure

#1391622 - 06/06/04 04:24 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Nice to meet you Kreskin...

I can't understand why some people always feel the glass is half-empty.

Ah well...

Work in progress? ;\)

S!

#1391623 - 06/06/04 05:10 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Boom Offline
Boom  Offline

Culcairn
Glorious screens Dantes. They look absolutely superb! \:\)

"Somewhere out there is page 6!"
"But Emillo you promised ....... it's postpone"
ASWWIAH Member
#1391624 - 06/06/04 05:39 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Ahh leaked screens! The tension mounts!

edit: Hey, I just noticed those mounted knights in the clouds. That is a nice touch that epitomizes attention to detail. I'm impressed

#1391625 - 06/06/04 10:25 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Hentzau Offline
Hentzau  Offline

Tampa, Florida USA
Ack, trying to fool these here fellers with FS-WWI PlanePack IV screenshots again. ;\) \:D

#1391626 - 06/06/04 10:42 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Look - it's quite simple really. There is a forum here about a developing sim. Whoever is developing this has only to enter a post from time to time to say, words to the effect, -
"Things are progressing, and eta of release is on time or slightly behind etc - But we are still here and this sim will fly ".
Now in the complete absence of this, it is not "looking at a half empty glass", it is expressing a legitimate POV born of the lack of input from Aspect to show us they are still alive.
So, if they are "still alive "I would even suggest that Aspect could be accused of showing a little lack of respect for their potential customers.
How long does it take to submit a post here once a week?

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1391627 - 06/06/04 02:36 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

I don't think Aspect wants to "get involved" in the high crimes and misdemeanors here (and I'm sure everyone wants to be their best buddy now too, but they've got a job to do). ;\)

HEY, LOOK AT THOSE GAME PICTURES!!!

Thanks Dantes for showing us this lineup!

KOE is starting to really look refined........how about that French award ceremony with Guynemer's SPAD 7 in the background...........wonderful!

Check out the Nieuport 28's and the look of the clouds and terrain...............I wonder if that's a game screenshot (looks different from the others we've seen)?

Finally that last screenshot from "inside the Chateau".........are we talking on the ground aircrew interactivity!!! \:\)

KOE IS STARTING TO LOOK REALLY COOL!

#1391628 - 06/06/04 02:50 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

I do have one issue here:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQAAAH0ax...475325897305705[/img]

I KEEP PUSHING THE BUTTONS OVER AND OVER AND NOTHIN' HAPPENS!!!!

\:D \:D \:D

#1391629 - 06/06/04 06:48 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Dantes Offline
Dantes  Offline

Toronto, Canada
Oooo secret information...well not really. ;\)

I was digging around and found them at John MacKay's personal web site in his portfolio (Note: There is no timeframe on these pictures so they may not be examples of progress, just different):

http://home.att.net/%7Ejmackay99/

Check out his logbook site about his father. It's interesting to see the older terrain and plane models in action. I look forward to Mr. MacKay finishing his work when KOE is up and running.

The comment about the half-empty glass was just a polite way to respond to a rather aggressive and unsubstantiated stance by one of the other posters. Speculation is fine, but that last comment bothered me. The pics were just a fun way to respond. ;\)

If one looks back at the build up to IL2, one will notice the rate of information, interviews and screen shots released are roughly at the same pace as KOE. Aspect seems to be more forthcoming than Maddox was at the time.

Lack of respect to customers? That comes across pretty harsh. This, like Frugal's site, are unofficial forums. Once an official forum opens up, then I could see a lack of response being a problem.

So far, while interesting, released screen shots have seemed to lead to wild speculations and brutal arguments over something that is not even finished.

Write them an e-mail. They seem to respond sometimes.

Again from the Check-6 interview:

"AS: Our publisher has scheduled KOE for release in the latter part of 2004; we initially projected that the project would be complete in late Q2 2004. The extra time will give us the opportunity to make sure that KOE is as stable and bug free as possible."

I have my own thoughts on why things are so quiet but I'm not going to go there.

Encouragement never hurts. The developers probably appreciate it if they still bother coming here.

S!

#1391630 - 06/06/04 07:22 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

oooooooooo...now thats encouraging.

it wouldnt hurt to feed us a few of these from time to time to keep our spirits up.

#1391631 - 06/06/04 09:26 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

WOW! Thanks for digging that stuff up!

This answers many questions on its own - obviously we're going to have a campaign mode. I can see the strong influence of Red Baron on the intro screen, which is a good thing \:\) . This looks very good on its own.

For those concerned with pilot detail, I think this looks pretty darn good (as far as I can see at this distance):

#1391632 - 06/06/04 09:44 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Hey look what I found!!! \:D \:D \:D

LOL.........here's a few more "KOE" pictures that Dantes linked us to at John McKay's website:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TADfAqwXG...475360601823368[/img]

Early Fokker-built D.VIIs above (twin-exhaust pipes exhiting the right-side cowl....Berthold's AC flying high). \:\)

Here's a Nieuport 17/23 flying above an aerodrome (notice wing-mounted Lewis gun and sighting scope):

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0TAAkA2YWb...475360690660790[/img]

Nice stuff.........thanks again Dantes for pointing us to them!

#1391633 - 06/06/04 09:50 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Hey Dave, I'd recognize Rickenbacker anywhere (in N6159)!

Hmmmmmm.......I'd swear Eddie's winking. ;\)

#1391634 - 06/07/04 01:29 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

FlyX:
Hehe \:\) . He does look like he has a smirk and a wink.

Shoot - my last comment was made about pilot detail, but I'm afraid this is the wrong picture to use to demonstrate that.

I was going through the collection of KOE screenshots and realized the one below is a better example, and plus it's probably farther along in development than the above shots. I cropped it and compared it with the Red Baron pilot just for laughs \:D \:D \:D

The jaggies on the Red Baron 3d pilot aren't as sharp as they could be because I was too lazy to re-install some screen capture software, so I just took a picture with a digital camera (the "old fasioned" way).

And in the process I learned that I could run RB3D at a decent framerate (using a Glide wrapper) since I finally upgraded to Windows 2000! Sound works and everything! I think I'll be playing that tonight.. hopefully there are still people playing in the servers \:\( .

#1391635 - 06/07/04 08:26 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

My thoughts: Finally a new flightsim that has a good looking interface!

#1391636 - 06/07/04 03:31 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

Here's an enlargement of a portion of that Nieuport 17/23 screenshot above, taken from the left corner of the view:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VAAkAxka!...475467097982422[/img]

Pretty nice looking, and lots of terrain objects too!

Hmmmmmmmmm.............by the look of those black smudges on the field I'd bet this is a training drome! \:D \:D \:D

#1391637 - 06/07/04 07:49 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by FlyXwire:
I do have one issue here:

[img]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0VQAAAH0ax...475325897305705[/img]

I KEEP PUSHING THE BUTTONS OVER AND OVER AND NOTHIN' HAPPENS!!!!

\:D \:D \:D
lol! I'm having the same problem. Damn! \:\)

#1391638 - 06/07/04 09:47 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Heini von Seppel Offline
Heini von Seppel  Offline

Cologne, Germoney
On the Fokkers it looks like models are selfshading.
That would be a very good thing \:\)

Will skins be userpaintable??? \:D

They are okay, but I dislike black tyres on ww1 aircraft. From looking through my Windsock collection most tyres seem to be quite light in colour, ie. light grey/tan rubber ...

But that's a minor nitpick of course.

#1391639 - 06/07/04 10:36 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

when i was a very small boy i had the privelege to talk to the father of a fellah that owned a model shop.He was actually old enough to remember the planes of ww1 and i always remember him telling me that almost without exception the tyres of that era ,be they from a car or plane were grey.

#1391640 - 06/08/04 05:57 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did anybody notice that on that start-up screen there is no button for multiplayer? That worries me more than a little bit.

Zoltan

#1391641 - 06/08/04 06:26 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Guderian Offline
Hotshot
Guderian  Offline
Hotshot

People's Republic of Sweden
I love these screenshots! Thanks a lot for digging them up Dantes!

Things I especially like:

- The German artilleryman/groundcrewman/whatever with his little forage cap.

- The pilots in their big overalls running towards their aircraft on the title screen.

- The medal ceremony screen which just has a great period feel.

All of this smells like IMMERSION to me. Lately flight sims seem to have become more sterile in this department, usually only showing hangars and medals with not a human in sight. I definitely think Aspect Sims are on the right track here. BTW did you notice the propeller hanging on the mess wall?

I'll leave the counting of aircraft cylinders to the experts. \:\)

"I prefer to fly alone ... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me" - René Fonck
#1391642 - 06/09/04 02:11 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
GPatricks Offline
GPatricks  Offline

Valencia, Spain
I want to know where the "Online Multiplayer" buttons are....

\:\)

Asus Z790-PLUS D4, Corsair 1000X PS \ Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz - Corsair H150i Liquid CPU cooler \ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3192mhz \ SBlasterX G6 \ 2TB NvMe M.2 Boot Drive \ Zotac GeForce RTX 4090 Trinity 24GB - Nvidia 546.17 drivers \ 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz Gsync \ Win11 Pro Ver.  22H2 - Build 22621.2715 \ TIR 5 \ Warthog HOTAS with VirPil stick base \ MFG V3 Pedals \ TM MFDs  on 2 8" Lilliputs \ Simgears ICP \ Varjo Aero VR
#1391643 - 06/09/04 06:51 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Toadvine Offline
Toadvine  Offline

Seattle
Yea, I don't know what is up with the multiplayer option. Hard to imagine the game shipping without multiplayer though... Maybe there just isn't time to include it.

#1391644 - 06/09/04 06:58 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank-you Icer. Those screenshots look pretty, but WHERE IS THE MULTIPLAYER BUTTON??????

MY R.B. squad, the J37 Black Wolves have placed all of our hopes of a future on a multiplayer game in K.O.E.. Old J37 members who have left in favor of other interests have become active again in anticipation of K.O.E. multiplay action. We were the first R.B. squad to to announce our intention of moving to K.O.E. when it happens.

I used to worry about what form K.O.E. multiplayer would take. I thought the question of "Can you take off from the ground and can you land on the ground?" was pretty basic. Now it looks like it might have been presumptuous..

My BIG question to Aspect now is, " Will there be multi-player at all?"

If there is to be no multiplayer mode, I see financial disaster for the Aspect team who have put so much fine work into this sim.

A large portion of the combat sim community like the single play stuff, but find it no match for mano a mano multiplay against real live thinking humans. AI keeps getting better, but it is no match for millions of years of evolution that went into the human brain.

Aspect Sim Team. Please, please tell me there will be multiplayer in this sim!!!!!!!!

J37 Zoltan Magyar

#1391645 - 06/09/04 09:15 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

No worries guys! I think maybe that is an early development screen. Or maybe the internet play is distinct from the main program - think Red Baron 3d if you've ever played it.

I know that didn't help much, but this will:
""Knights Over Europe" will ship with support for both LAN and Internet play, including the ability for players to cooperatively man multi-crew aircraft. We know this has been a popular feature in past simulations that has been neglected of late..."
(from their interview at http://www.checksix-fr.com)

No worries! \:\) \:\) \:\)

-FranksValli

#1391646 - 06/09/04 09:34 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

I could texture in a Multiplayer button or two if that would help....................... \:D

#1391647 - 06/09/04 02:05 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I love these pictures, but I have to wonder a bit. Are these all 'in-game' pictures? Or are some of these submissions by the artist as concepts? If they're all from the game, how old are they? Also, are the planes, for example, all in-game? Some of the screenshots look like they're in the game, but some of them, with those expansive clouds, almost look pasted onto a different background.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the game gives to us. But isn't it sad that someone has to scour the internet for a few scraps of pictures and we sit here drooling in anticipation? Give us more screenies Aspect!!!! We want more pics!

Droops

#1391648 - 06/09/04 03:25 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

An interesting side-by-side comparison.

First, here is a picture from the KOE website. It shows a machine gun emplacement.

Next, an image taken from John MacKay's website.

It looks to me as if this is the same revettment.

So, yes, I think we can now say that at least some of the things that we see on MacKay's website have made it into KOE.

Droops

#1391649 - 06/09/04 09:14 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
This and the other one like it are concept art, not in game. Look at the other obviously in game screenies and then look at these......totally different.

I hope the terrain improves. The current screenies show very CFS1 terrain, blurry textures with random trees. They need to do better. And before anyone says that nice terrain is just "eye candy" I think its vital for immersion. Far more vital than high poly aircraft models.

MOG

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
#1391650 - 06/09/04 09:40 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
franksvalli Offline
franksvalli  Offline

I think you're right Mogster - if you look at the section on the website, you can see the pictures are organized into two sections: 3d and 2d. Those sort of impressionistic pictures are part of the 2d section, so they're not in-game.

-FranksValli

#1391651 - 06/10/04 05:33 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

S! All,

There's a pretty good chance you don't see an option for multiplayer on that screen because Multi probably runs off a different .exe like (dare I say it?) Red Baron 3D.

Have any of you seen this from Gamer's Hell?

http://www.gamershell.com/news_BKnightsOverEuropeBunvei.shtml

#1391652 - 06/10/04 07:18 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the equally uninformed support guys. I'm hoping that's just an old start-up screen, before they built multiplayer, but if you can't worry on the "worry" thread, where can ya worry? LOL.

Zoltan

#1391653 - 06/10/04 09:13 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
VF-2 John Banks Offline
VF-2 John Banks  Offline

Berlin, Germany
I don't dare to think about the hardware requirements!

Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air)
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP)
ASUS Z97-C motherboard
ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe
2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM
ANTEC PSU (750W)
Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32)
Win 7 Home Pro (64bit)
240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3)
TrackIR4 Pro
HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod
SIMPED F-16 Pedals
SAITEK Throttle Quadrant
A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
#1391654 - 06/11/04 08:15 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
SunScream Offline
SunScream  Offline

Northampton UK
You'll probably need at least a computer \:\)

Alert Status Level: AWOOGA
#1391655 - 06/11/04 08:59 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

But not just any computer. Something better than a C64 or Amiga 1000 \:D

I actually miss my A1000.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1391656 - 06/12/04 03:50 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Polovski Offline
Polovski  Offline

Hotshot

Yes I agree the shots look great and actually start to look like a sim \:D

I didn't like the ground textures when I first saw the game, and I hoped they were temporary. However maybe that is the terrain :/. It's looks too blurry, RB3D 1998 with a terrain mod looks as good as that almost, or SDOE with WW1 pack and terrain mods looks as good. Come on Aspect make it "stonking" not just quite good. The terrain looks much better in the shot of the N28's, I hope that's not just an artists background.

Nice pictures though!

Regards,

Polovski,
OBD Software, developers of immersive flight sims;
Wings Over Flanders Fields and Wings Over The Reich
http://www.overflandersfields.com
http://www.wingsoverthereich.com
#1391657 - 06/12/04 01:12 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
VF-2 John Banks Offline
VF-2 John Banks  Offline

Berlin, Germany
Well, i have something better than a C64 hehe. I can play FB smoothly at exellent settings, so i hope i can fly KOE without much hickups as well. There don't seem to be any water shader effects or large mountains, which eat up the fps rate. It looks more or less like an fps friendly terrain, but these planes look like fps killers ;\) .

Intel Core I7-4790K @ 4x4GHz (oc'ed to 4x4,5 GHz on air)
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 CPU Cooler (250W TDP)
ASUS Z97-C motherboard
ASUS STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC-4GD5
ASUS ROG Xonar Phoebus Solo Soundcard, PCIe
2 x 4GB GEIL DDR3 Value RAM
ANTEC PSU (750W)
Toshiba 37" LCD TV (1920x1080x32)
Win 7 Home Pro (64bit)
240 GB Corsair SSD (Force Series 3)
TrackIR4 Pro
HOTAS Cougar + "Uber NxT advanced" gimbal mod
SIMPED F-16 Pedals
SAITEK Throttle Quadrant
A2 leather jacket & leather gloves
#1391658 - 06/12/04 03:44 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

IIRC, Aspect did say that the requirements will not be steep. I would guess that if you can run FB smoothly, you will have no problems with KOE.

Hopefully it will be scaleable.

"We have come to bring you Liberty and Equality, but don't lose your head about it. The first one of you moves without my permission will be shot." Marshal of the Empire Francois Lefebyre
#1391659 - 06/12/04 08:12 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
SunScream Offline
SunScream  Offline

Northampton UK
Well my old Geforce 3 Ti200 is pretty much running up against the stops with the latest software. It also has problems with the latest Detonator drivers, so I am running a relatively old set. I'm just waiting for the next generation of mobos with PCIExpress architecture and the crop of new graphics cards for them. They just better get here soon... \:\)

Alert Status Level: AWOOGA
#1391660 - 06/12/04 10:30 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

You may be able to get a GF 4 cheap these days.
I 'll wait awhile after PCIexpress comes out before I switch \:D

#1391661 - 06/13/04 12:02 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
Quote:
Originally posted by SunScream:
Well my old Geforce 3 Ti200 is pretty much running up against the stops with the latest software. It also has problems with the latest Detonator drivers, so I am running a relatively old set. I'm just waiting for the next generation of mobos with PCIExpress architecture and the crop of new graphics cards for them. They just better get here soon... \:\)
If your power supply will take it then 9800pro's are quite cheap now, as they were top of the line at one time the 9800 will always be a very powerfull card. It'll just lack the bleeding edge bells and whistles. The difference from your GF3 will be amazing.

PCI express cards will be very expensive when they come out

WAS C2D 8500 3.16ghz, 285gtx 1gb, 4gig ram, XP NOW Win7 64, I5 2500K, SSD, 8Gig ram, GTX 570
#1391662 - 06/13/04 12:10 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Mogster Offline
Hotshot
Mogster  Offline
Hotshot

England
I presume everyones seen the KOE screens from Gamers Hell.

The terrain looks better in the later set.

http://www.gamershell.com/hellzone_Flight_Sim_Knights_Over_Europe.shtml

#1391663 - 06/13/04 04:00 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
BBury Offline
BBury  Offline

Houston,Texas
Has anyone considered that maybe Aspect is not going to put ALL it's cards on the table before imminent release? Unlike past games that don't have close rivals lurking, Aspect is not posting all it's fluff and glory to tip off the competition.

With the posted images of the GUI, I can only hope and assume this is a seperate image that we can edit to suit our tastes like EAW and SFP1.

#1391664 - 06/13/04 04:14 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
JAS Gripen Offline
JAS Gripen  Offline

Suomi Finland
Quote:
Originally posted by Mogster:
[QB] I presume everyones seen the KOE screens from Gamers Hell.

The terrain looks better in the later set.

"Screenshots Added 14/06/2003:"

Exactly a year(!) ago Aspect *already* had a good looking (IMO) version. Can't wait what the actual release will be like !!!

Still, for me the campaing engine will make or break the sim.

-It's the campaign engine, silly!-
#1391665 - 06/14/04 08:22 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
*Buzzsaw* Offline
*Buzzsaw*  Offline

Salute

For the set of photos posted above, I don't think these are all screenshots.

You can see a great deal of difference between some of the ground detail in some shots and that in others. Also some of the clouds look very different.

The shot of the French Airfield scene, with photographer etc. is clearly not a screenshot.

There are legitimate questions to be asked about KOE. If it is due in Q4 2004, then why was it not at E3? Any game in close to final development would make an appearance there.

Also, Aspect Sim does not seem to have a major publisher onboard.

I would be happy to hear otherwise, but at this point things do not look that rosy.

#1391666 - 06/14/04 10:57 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

So what can we do to eliminate these concerns?

Shall we start another poll here titled: Who wants Aspect to give us more KOE feedback?

Will this do us any good?

Geez, will pondering the possibilites yea or nay make any difference in the scope of things?

Anybody got some lottery money they want to use to grease Aspect up with?

Money talks.....................and you know the rest of the saying........... \:D

#1391667 - 06/16/04 12:42 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
BBury Offline
BBury  Offline

Houston,Texas
I'm inclined to give them the benefit of doubt. Though I've not heard or read of information of substance, the contact I've had through email with them has been cordial and gives assurance that they continue to work on the project. Also, I have an aquaintance working on the project but he is very tight lipped about anything he is doing for them which is what I beleive is required by thier employees. He will not even elude to what's going on other than he is working on the project. I can only assume that if it were vaporware he would not be working for them which is good enough for me.

Maybe, it won't be ready in 4Q.
Then maybe they are just going about their business and won't get dragged into the morass of whining, requests and speculation that are the norm for flight sims. This being the most likely scenario in my opinion. I would venture to guess that it may already be in beta test yet even the testers are bound by silence even to thier participation let alone opinions of the game.

What would be the point, or gain, of continuing the elusion of a sim if it were just a hoax?

#1391668 - 06/16/04 02:30 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Ajay Offline
Ajay  Offline
Veteran

Brisbane OZ
Quote:
Has anyone considered that maybe Aspect is not going to put ALL it's cards on the table before imminent release? Unlike past games that don't have close rivals lurking, Aspect is not posting all it's fluff and glory to tip off the competition.
Sounds good ;\) hopefully the terrain is something they have up there sleeve ..the blurry type EAW (modded) looking terrain in the first shot is very dated looking for something still to be released. The rest of it looks great tho and i cant wait to get into a WW1 sim

My il2 page
Seelowe Campaign
Cliffs of Dover page
CloD
My Models
Tanks/Planes/Ships

#1391669 - 06/16/04 10:35 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
LE Heureux Offline
Red Baron ESC 124
LE Heureux  Offline
Red Baron ESC 124

NE Colorado USA
>>Anybody got some lottery money they want to use to grease Aspect up with?>>

If I did, I'd dump it into Red Baron.

I agree with the posts here that we should relax and see what Aspect comes out with. Q4 would be great and they'd reap the holiday sales but an enduring sim is what I'm hoping for and I don't care WHEN. It's commendable if they don't release until ready, despite the pressure to profit ASAP.

We've got Red Baron looking good enough to hold us indefinitely or until Aspect trumps it. Hopefully they will. That near collision screenshot sure is great. I hope he already fired.
Hex

Au revoir en l'air...S!
Hex
#1391670 - 06/16/04 10:44 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
ArgonV Offline
Hotshot
ArgonV  Offline
Hotshot

College Station, Texas, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by LE Heureux:
We've got Red Baron looking good enough to hold us indefinitely or until Aspect trumps it.
Are you kidding? RB3d is so dated looking by todays standards and what could be accomplished it's almost laughable to hear such a statement heard. Glide is dead, as are 256x256 sized textures and software rendered scenes. Embrace the new! \:D

"Go Fly A Kite!"
-Jason R.
FS-WWI Project Leader
FS-WWI Plane Pack Site

Intel i9 10900k
Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC
64GB Corsair DDR4 2933 Vengeance RGB Pro
AMD XFX 7900 XTX Merc310 Black Edition
LG UltraGear 38GN95B-B 38" monitor
Corsair HX1200 PSU
1TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
2TB EVO 980 Pro M.2 PCIe x4 SSD
Two 2TB EVO 860 SSDs
Sound Blaster ZxR
Win 10 x64 Pro
HOTAS Cougar #4069 w/Uber II Nxt mod #284 & UTM bushings
#1391671 - 06/16/04 11:33 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
FlyXwire Offline
FlyXwire  Offline

*ding* *ding* *ding*

Ok, back to your corners you guys, and be ready for the next round when that bell rings again!!!

That is unless your ready to throw in the towel now? \:D \:D \:D

#1391672 - 06/17/04 09:03 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Cas141 Offline
Cas141  Offline

Northern hemisphere
Look, everyone can understand why Aspect do not want to get into posting here in terms of saying what they are putting in, or inviting a wish list etc.
But- They could post here saying that they are still "alive and kicking" and making progress:however they will not discuss details.

The absence of anything at all rightly leads to speculation as to whether there will be a sim at all.
At the moment , I certainly am not holding my breath.

Mankind's problem is not failing to know the difference between right and wrong; - It is failing to know the difference between different and wrong
#1391673 - 06/17/04 10:29 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
LE Heureux Offline
Red Baron ESC 124
LE Heureux  Offline
Red Baron ESC 124

NE Colorado USA
I'm happy to say I finally got to the point in my life where I realize there is such a thing as "good enough". Sure, there's always new exciting stuff but when one has something that works well enough and is affordable to boot, one can relax and quit chasing the future. Enjoy it when it arrives, but don't lose sleep over it.

Take it from a former type A personality who has never been happier. My Win 98SE T-bird 750 V3 512 K system is doing just fine with the ole Baron, thanks. Doesn't cost me a sou. I just wish I had time to play it more.

PS: That screenshot really is GREAT. I sincerely hope KoE is all that and more. If it is I'll probably upgrade my box with some of the $ I'm saving while we wait to see.

Hex

Au revoir en l'air...S!
Hex
#1391674 - 06/17/04 11:35 PM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Trajan Offline
Trajan  Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ArgonV:

Are you kidding? RB3d is so dated looking by todays standards and what could be accomplished it's almost laughable to hear such a statement heard. Glide is dead, as are 256x256 sized textures and software rendered scenes. Embrace the new! \:D [/QB]
You left out the laughable FM/DM.

#1391675 - 06/18/04 03:49 AM Re: Am I wrong to be worried?  
Blacksheep02 Offline
Blacksheep02  Offline

Rhode Island, USA
I saw that GUI screenshot a while back and I had a minor heart attack when I didn't see a multiplay button! But from the interviews, they say multiplay and LAN capability will be included so I'll trust that over the GUI screen.

I'll still be worried untill an announcement is made that the final game will indeed have it. I'm banking a lot on the fact that it will ship with multiplay and so are many others!

-Blacksheep
The Sheeps Pen
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RacerGT 

Quick Search
Recent Articles
Support SimHQ

If you shop on Amazon use this Amazon link to support SimHQ
Social

Recent Topics
Carnival Cruise Ship Fire....... Again
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:58 PM
Baltimore Bridge Collapse
by F4UDash4. 03/26/24 05:51 PM
The Oldest WWII Veterans
by F4UDash4. 03/24/24 09:21 PM
They got fired after this.
by Wigean. 03/20/24 08:19 PM
Grown ups joke time
by NoFlyBoy. 03/18/24 10:34 PM
Anyone Heard from Nimits?
by F4UDash4. 03/18/24 10:01 PM
RIP Gemini/Apollo astronaut Tom Stafford
by semmern. 03/18/24 02:14 PM
10 years after 3/8/2014
by NoFlyBoy. 03/17/24 10:25 AM
Copyright 1997-2016, SimHQ Inc. All Rights Reserved.