I started a new campaign in RFC No 20 Squadron at 13th January. The unit is currently posted in Netheravon England and I don't think it's even possible for enemies to come within range of the squadron with current technology.

My plan was to have a couple flights in B.E.2 just to see what it's like before the unit is shipped to France and equipped with F.E.2s. After 2 routine patrol missions over the Blighty the squadron has suffered more casualties than my squadrons had during two months of fighting Nieuports in Aviatic C.I and Fokker E.III in German campaign!

On the first mission my B.E.2 was paired with a F.E.2. When the AI fee started take-off it only went forward few meters, then stopped. I speed past it thinking it was waiting for me but when I looked back when safely in the air, the fee was nowhere to be see. After the flight I learned the fee crew had been killed and the plane written off. The second patrol included two flights (everyone on B.E.2s). Take-off went without issues and the flight was uneventful as well but when I got back I learned that not only had both planes of A flight been written of with their crews but my own observer had been mortally wounded! Not a single shot was fired during the entire mission, the observer was not slumped when I ended the mission after landing and the pilot certainly had not taken any damage. The landing was fairly smooth three-pointer with minimal bouncing.

What is happening? Did the observer come down from the cockpit head first? Is there some particularly nasty strain of syphilis on the loose in a nearby town? Is there some known bug, maybe high refresh rate or alt-tabbing related, that could explain the weird deaths? Has anyone else ever operated from Netheravon field?