A lot of people complain about the lack of AAA games for VR.
The two games I play the most in VR are non-VR games I was playing long before I got my Rift last Christmas- iRacing and Battle of Stalingrad- Great Battles series.
Even though the resolution is less than my flat monitor, I will never play them again in 2D. In iRacing I am sitting in the car! I drove the Nurburgring at speed at night recently and it was a heart pounding white knuckle experience!
The IL-2 cockpits and planes look solid and convincingly life-like. I found my self constantly craning around in my seat checking my six and realized I was doing exactly what the WW2 pilots had to do.

Another cool and free experience is 1943 Berlin Blitz by the BBC. They took audio recorded by a BBC reporter during an actual raid on Berlin and combined it with surprisingly good graphics to give you a real feel for what one of those 8-9 hour missions were like. My favorite moment is on the return when the English coast is in sight and the pilot relaxes and starts singing. Cool stuff that really can't be experienced any other way.

"For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?" -- Mark 8:36