Jeter's got his work cut out for him. Trading away all of your best players every season is not the best path to generate local interest in your team.

These three players in just the past couple of seasons, and that's just the tip of the iceberg

Stanton
Realmuto
Yelich

Those are three really good players. Yelich will probably win the NL MVP this year. Stanton has 40 career WAR and 300+ homers and Realmuto is arguably the best catcher in baseball. The Marlins would be a good team if they weren't so payroll-conscious. So it's a chicken and egg thing. You won't put butts in the seats without a good team. You can't afford a good team if you don't put the butts in the seats.

LB4LB, yeah I get it. Too bad it's gotten to the point where that's how a Tigers fan feels. Hope is the great redeemer, and when that's lost what's the point. With the Phils I feel they at least try to field a competitive team, even if the results on the field don't usually match my expectations.

Any of you guys play OOTP? Out of the Park Baseball. It's like Football Manager for baseball. A good management sim. My Phillies won six World Series by 2039 smile Harper was first ballot HoF'er and Aaron Nola got elected too.

No, now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!