Originally Posted by Coot
I would love to try VR for flight simming as it sounds pretty amazing. Has that done away with Track IR? I remember perusing their product page around 2004 around the time I bought FS2004. I was amazed at what I saw and when I was able to myself "lean outside" my biplane cockpit I was amazed. I'd be afraid of getting hooked on other games like fantasy games or what have you and getting too lost. I also can't imagine playing something like Resident Evil 7 in VR! I'm reluctant to play that game in regular mode as it is. I'm convinced this technology can be a doorway to negative things if entertaining the wrong kind of gaming software but that goes for movies and books too.

Well, speaking for myself, I packed away the NOLO part, so all I have is the headset part. This means I only use it for cockpit based games like racing or piloting. My regular 1st person games I still use monitor ( plus TrackIR where I can). I did briefly try Arma 3 in VR but it was very unsatisfactory. As was Skyrim VR. It gets consistently high scores but I found it to be less of a game, not more.

"They might look the same, but they don't taste the same."