Hi folks. I've been lurking, and seeing what everyone's been saying.

It bothers me that I never got my Blackhwak finished, as I was looking forward to it being in the game. I know there's a flyable cockpit in 1.15.4, but it's not as accurate as I was aiming for with my mod.

I had to stop, as I was really struggling with the graphic part to get the MFDs working. I was using code from other helos for the MFD, but then trying to modify how they were drawn to make them work. And figuring it out was beyond me. I work as a software tester, but I also do some Java and Python coding, mainly for writing automated tests. So figuring out C was sometimes difficult. And then the graphics engine was a whole other thing.

As for the Mi-28 engine gauges. From what I remember, in 1.15.4, they used direct draw to draw the bars, but in 1.16 the bars themselves had to be modelled in LW and then the code would move the object. Trying to work out a solution for that was quite tricky.

If there were a few modders around, that wanted to make a plan for what to fix/implement, and could help each other out when stuck, then I'd be more inclined to come back to modding this. The move to DX9 in 1.16 was done to ultimately improve the graphics engine, which would open up possibilites for the future. But as has been mentioned, it broke some of the cockpits.

If you look at the work that was done to transform Falcon, to Falcon BMS, you can see what the possibilities could be for EECH. But it needs a team of developers to work on it. Mostly the modders working on EECH work on their own ideas, or what they want to see in the game.

The other aspect of my Blackhawk that I needed to spend a lot of time on, is the texturing. At the moment, I know a lot of the textures are of the wrong size, or incomplete.

I'm soon moving to a new job, and I'm trying to work on some courses for my own professional development for that role. So most of my time at the laptop is spent on that.

I might check out my code again, and see if I can make some progress.

I had made this thread a while ago for people to post what they would like to see added...

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/4379380/eech-wishlist-feature-requests-and-bug-fixes

Last edited by messyhead; 06/14/19 04:06 PM.