Hi All,

I continue to work on making my WOFF performance the best it can be. Now I need some help from this fine community to help me test and hopefully narrow down the cause of those intermittent and occasional stutters that cause the action to momentarily pause. I'm not talking about initial stutters that can be cleared with some 360 panning of the pilot view prior to takeoff. Nor am I talking about the "spawn stutters" that occur often later in missions, presumably due to more planes entering the action (via GAI or simply later missions starts).

I'm excited to announce that I have finally managed to create a completely reliable and repeatable test scenario, which at least on my system, exhibits a very obvious stutter exactly 144 seconds into the mission (see the linked video). Now this is a slightly spooky number since 144Hz happens to be my refresh rate. However, I think that's pure chance. I think this stutter and other occasional stutters of this nature that I experience (aside from the types I mentioned earlier) are related to certain textures and or 3D models or other objects loading into memory. What memory? I'm not sure. Could be main system memory or graphics card memory. They could be due to some mod(s). They could be happening with a certain combination of game settings or detail settings. Since the test seems to be repeatable, I'm hoping to get some volunteers initially to run this scenario on their systems and let me know if they seem the same stutter instance @ 144 seconds. From there I'd love to get system and settings info so that I can start looking for potential differences and areas to focus on. I figure if I can resolve this then I can share and everyone benefits. It may prove simply too elusive, but I'd like to give it a go...

.... so, if you're up for helping me, please PM me and I'll send more details along with a link to the scenario. The test uses auto pilot and is very quick to set up. Big thanks in advance!

H

Best viewed full screen. Check the counter in the Z key display. The stutter occurs 144 seconds in and is quite obvious. Any other perceived lack of smoothness is due to video encoding. You'll have to take my word for that smile

System: i5 8600K @ 3.6GHz,16GB DDR4 @2666MHz. RTX2080, MSI Z370 mobo, Dell 27" G-SYNC @ 144Hz. 2560x1440