I think I've found what I could in the shallower areas around the pod so I've been venturing into deeper waters. I found the creeper parts I needed for silicone rubber, so now I have a knife and fins. I'm starting to accumulate more than I can hold or store in the pod so I've started making storage lockers and stashing them around the pod. I also found out how to use the brain coral to replenish O2.

I still need to find silver so I can make a higher capacity O2 tank. I know what to look for, just gotta find it now.

Question - can I equip something in both hands, or just one? I've got something in my right hand but thought it would be nice to be able to put something in the other one as well.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.
This is known as "bad luck.”
-Robert Heinlein