Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Originally Posted by MarkG
Originally Posted by Mr_Blastman
Amazing sound!

But can they write their own, original music?

I'm sure they can, but as Zoso (a popular Led Zeppelin tribute I see frequently) said, "Ya gotta pay the bills." You see, all these guys want to play a certain *type* of music but that type is no longer popular enough to sustain a living so they play covers which is (mostly for nostalgic old-timers who generally aren't interested in discovering original music...people like me smile ).

I watched a well done documentary on Zoso and they would much rather play their own music, but people won't come out to hear it.

Bummer. frown

I thought music was dead a decade ago, but then I discovered the indie scene and haven't looked back. I hear new music all the time, mostly on college radio and youtube channels. I love variety. smile

My older brother feels the same way (lives in Tucker so probably listens to the same college radio). Being that my musical tastes is more diverse than some, I feel that my catalog of 70's and 80's (with some 60's and 90's) is enough variety to last a lifetime. I'm really not interested in listening to radio or searching the 'net for new music I'd enjoy, which for me would be like finding a needle in a haystack. Besides, nothing new is going to remind me of driving to Biloxi and Gulf Shores, trying to get lucky on a beach at sunset...like old Chicago. wink

Last edited by MarkG; 05/22/19 12:39 PM.

The rusty wire that holds the cork that keeps the anger in
Gives way and suddenly it’s day again
The sun is in the east
Even though the day is done
Two suns in the sunset, hmph
Could be the human race is run