Iam in the market for a new GPU (current is a GTX 1060-6GB), and I think it´s either confusing and/or the right moment to do so but... From the past, AMD wasent your first choice for flight simulators, mainly FSX/P3D, but with all the recent tech upgrade (x64) Iam more then curious to know how the newest (or not so new) AMD cards stack up with my pref simulator Prepard3d v4.5.

I don´t see much profit from the recent green team´s RTX series, In other words, besides ray tracing and the turing arch, theres not much of a difference, or at least a BIG noticeable difference with the last gen GTX 1080Ti and the recent RTX 2080. The GTX 1080Ti is still on par with the RTX 2080 in alot of cases, so don´t see much advantage there yet. But nVidia has always worked well with FSX/P3D, or at least has been the first choice for the most part.

The first interest that got me to look at the R-VII is it´s 16GB of VRAM aside from other aspects, so It would be nice to see/hear if anybody has had a go on P3Dv4 with this card or the Vega 64, both do have there pros and cons (Vulkan/Mantel) but it be nice to know of first hand smile2 We all know that these sims are VRAM hungry so it´s a logical thing to take into account.

Recent AMD drivers have been giving good results overall, so it´s worth saying that any past info is not up to date on real results.

My build will be around a i7 8700k on a Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro mobo, and 32 GB at 3200mhz GL14. SSD/M.2.

Any thoughts are welcomed.

Cheers,

Mike

Win10 Pro(x64), i7 8700k @ 4.7Ghz, 32GB ram DDR4, Sapphire Pulse AMD RX 6700 12GB, M.2 PCIe NVMe (x2) 480GB + 960GB, 447GB SSD´s, Samsung G6 32" , Logitech G13, G502, Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Simagic Alpha Mini, and Formula Extreme FX, DC Simracing DC1 pedals, GT Omega ART cockpit, TrackIR 5.0.
AUDIO: Aiyima A07 Max, Topping E50 and L50 stack, Polk Audio Signature Elite ES20 , and Shennheiser HD 560s. DAP: Hiby R3, Hiby Seeds, and iBasso IT01, Sharp MD-MT 80H Minidisc.