Originally Posted by dutch
Why not get the new GTX 1660ti cheaper and newer and much better then your GTX1060 ?

Interesting idea, but its really going to depend on where/when you shop; for example, right now I see NewEgg (US) has five 1060 models cheaper than 1660s, and a further 3 6G 1060 models for less than all but 1 of the 1660s. The 1660Tis look to be around $40 more than the 1060s as well.

Like I said it will depend on where/when you shop, I'm sure.

I also noticed that all the 1660 cards I looked at are actually 8-pin connectors, which carries the same caveat as I described earlier. (I find this interesting, because it seems the TDP wattage on these GPUs is supposedly 120W, which should be handed in a 6-pin connector. Not sure why this is; maybe due to OEM overclocking etc. ) Same as above: If you go to an 8-pin GPU with that Dell PSU, you will have to use adapter(s) and are potentially using upwards of 150W, which means potentially pulling all the current through one set of wires instead of two, and it probably runs into the high end of what the PSU is probably good for.

Last edited by kksnowbear; 04/15/19 07:42 PM.