Glad your up and running Jim. There's also the option of practising flying ANY craft in game by going into Quick Combat and selecting free flight (top left pull down menu) there's also combat flight turkey shoot etc. Quick combat free flight mode is a great way to get used to your craft Jim,i usually practice circuits around my airbase.

You can choose time of day ,season and override the weather, change region,and also your home airfield. (Quick Combat only ..your career will fly from the historically accurate field)
Change player craft,and underneath player craft try a different skin.

Bottom left you can choose start altitude (For practising flight I start from field) and Make sure you tick PILOT NEVER DIES in Quick Combat mode so that your career pilot isn't permanently killed whilst practising ..you wouldn't believe the amount of times I've done that mate.

To practice flying German craft you have to enlist a German pilot,same as with American pal.

Workshop settings (Graphics,realism etc) I use these below,they may be of help to you pal..Any questions please ask Jim.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.