19 March 1915

Bertincourt
Lennart Altendorf writes: "0821: Scouting mission over the trenches west of Lens with Vfw Leffers. Saw my first enemy machines today. Two biplanes – English type. Prepared to run, as we’ve heard they are arming some of their machines. They ignored us, though, and soon disappeared into the clouds. 1 hour 43 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: "0822: Defensive patrol over our own airfield at Droglandt, an old familiar field. Flying second to SLt Masson Sollier. 1 hour 12 minutes. Garros has disappeared for the time being, off on some assignment He has been taking these “mystery trips” on and off since January, and nobody seems to know what is up."

Saint-Omer
Dugan Vystavel writes: "0902: Led Sgt Crowe on a mission to bomb a rail yard north of Lens. 1 hour 56 minutes."

Gonneham
Corrigan Aujla writes: "It’s been nine days since we last flew! The constant rain has finally lifted and we are in the air again. 0903: Part of a three-plane flight led by Lt Cruikshank to bomb a rail yard north of Lens. 1 hour 20 minutes."

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0909: Scouting flight over the trenches from the Aisne River down to Sillery. 1 hour 45 minutes."

Senard, Verdun
Noel Kay writes: "0926: Another photography mission, this time over Sedan. 2 hours 39 minutes."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done