After having read Schalchtflieger! I decided to make my newest pilot, Johann Georg Faust, flying a Hannover CLIII in Schlachtstaffel 30 b. I have generally avoided trench strafing because the ground fire is just too good in the game. I think it is probably a little too strong so I put the level down to easy. It still ain’t easy but you can at least take it for more than a few seconds before your wounded or too damaged to continue an attack. As VFw Faust, I have been experimenting with it. I would like to share what I have found so far that works.

First, don’t approach the enemy front line from the front or from the flank if you are going below 2,000 feet for machine gun work. Go through the gaps between the strong points.

Once you are behind the trenches, any fire you will receive will be light unless you get pretty close. You can attack the artillery positions behind the lines without much ground fire.

Machine gun fire doesn’t seem to have any effect on vehicles but it will take out a field piece pretty easily. You will need to be down to 600 feet or below to be able to hit anything (normal height for a Schlachtstaffel ground attack).

You can use your front MG, but it is more effective to do a fly by and let your observer do the work. At the 'normal' setting observer fire is still very accurate and he will do a great job. As with ground fire, I think observer fire is a little too accurate in the game but in this case I don’t mind because it’s to my advantage.

Also, don’t waste your bombs on infantry and artillery positions, save them for supply columns, rail depots, aerodromes and camps where they can do the most good.

When attacking the trenches themselves, come at them from behind, the return fire will be lighter. When you start taking fire, turn around and come again.

Pretty exciting stuff! I highly recommend it for a change up.

I’ll keep experimenting with it and let everyone know if I come up with any more useful techniques.

Anyone else out there have any advice?
[Linked Image]

Attached Files am.jpgan.jpgap.jpgaq.jpgah.jpg
Last edited by jerbear; 03/10/19 11:19 PM.