De-Google your phone, tablet or other Android device.

Originally Posted by LineageOS Android Distribution

A free and open-source operating system for various devices, based on the Android mobile platform ...

...Your data, your rules. With powerful tools such as Privacy Guard, you are in control of what your apps can do whenever you want ...

... updates every month to all our supported devices ...

...open-source apps are here to help you get through the day

Obviously you have to do some research and its AYOR

Be sure to Read the Wiki for more info and check if you have a Supported Device first.

Interesting is that besides many phones and tablets there are some rather unusual devices that are (or were) also supported. Such as the Nexus Player Set top box, various Phablets, and an nVidia Shield Portable Handheld game console (althugh it seems its not updated - but the site gives all such details , warnings.)

I have not tried it so I make no claims but it has some good recommends and solidity in support IMHO.

My present phone is not supported it but am considering getting my next one specifically for this purpose.

Facinating. And powerful it seems for developers:

Want to do more with your device?
Power users will enjoy Unix command-line utilities.
Android developers will turn any device into the perfect device for apps development thanks to enhanced tools and exclusive APIs

ps. sorry if this reads like an ad - I'd adapted this new format of using post quotes to make the thread cleaner. wink