Gents, I don't know what to say to say thank you. I opened up the forums today and was floored by all of the messages - not only of support, but of empathy for having experienced something similar. So many names that are a comfort to see - Robert, Lou, Dutch, Sandbagger, Hellshade, Mat, and so many other members I've gotten to know. It helps more than I can say. Keeping this hobby alive in a way maintains the connection with my mom. I'm also digging through Spotify and connecting with music I haven't thought of since I was a kid. The Pretenders, The Police, Men at Work (my mother was of the MTV generation) and It's also nice to listen through those records again and connect. You guys are right, you do remember the funniest and most random things that your brain hasn't accessed in decades. Thank you so much for being here. I hope that in the midst of the insanity of this year that I can finally, finally get back to his hobby I love so much and post some more missions as time goes on. Was hoping to dive into WOTR but it sounds like I'll need to scrape some pennies and finally upgrade this video card of mine. Sounds silly, but even that reminds me of my family growing up. We were a Dell family from our first computer on and man if there's not a pattern here - a solid system with a weak video card that I eventually upgrade! Twenty years ago I scraped together money mowing lawns to get a 3DFX Voodoo 3000 (the box is still in my house somewhere). I guess this time it'll be a 970 or something similar? Something about the cyclical nature of flight simming somehow feels comforting.

Brains are weird places to be.

But this community continues to astound me with its warmth, friendship, and empathy.

Thank you guys. So much.