My mom, an English teacher and Linguistics major, is right behind me, watching over my shoulder as I write this. She'll say things like "Less is best", and I'll probably ignore her sage advice, like I have so many times before.

I try to avoid saying "I know how you feel" to someone who is suffering so...truth is, only you can know what all this means to you.

But I know how I felt when my mom passed some 15-odd years ago from the ravages of smoking. (I don't know the exact date, to be honest, or even the year, because I struggled so to forget that terrible event).

Just as your mom left you with the game from so many years ago that has since influenced so much of your life, my Mom left me with admiration (and hopefully some skill) for writing. And although I've always worked in technology jobs and never been paid to write, there have been many times when bosses, peers, and subordinates noted how my writing ability separates me and augments my technical skills. If it weren't for her, I would never be who I am...and I think we could say the same for your mother and you.

So, even though she's been gone for quite some time, she's still standing right behind me at this very moment. Less is best.

You keep this in mind as you carry on, because that's all you can do for her now...and she'll be right there, with you, forever.

I do wish you and your family peace and comfort during this most trying of times.

Heartfelt regards,