Originally Posted by PanzerMeyer

I’m still trying to get into HOI IV but I think the ultra micromanagement and bland 3D combat animations are killing it for me.

I hate micro, i play this game as macro as i can. I create divisions with battleplans and let the AI do the rest. Obviously, sometimes it doesn't work well but most of the time, if i don't screw sth up with battleplans, it's going ok. And when things get complicated i hit pause, make any necessary changes and move on.

3D combat is pretty abstract, although the system underneath is rather complex. Lots of different stats, terrain type, weather, morale, training, equipment, doctrines, day/night, air superiority, bombing, CAS, shore bombardment, radars and many more is taken into account during fighting.

I really like it from the start. I managed to do some crazy stuff like taking Berlin as Poland before 1939:) Now i'am trying to get Operation Sealion achivement which i think is self explanatory;) It's hard as hell trying to get through the English Channel. I think i'll try going from Denmark instead.