Originally Posted by Hpasp
Few days ago, Colonel Tiosav Jankovich was appointed as a commander of the 250th SAM Brigade.
19 years ago, he was a young beginner at the 3rd SAM battalion led by Zoltán Dani and participated in the shooting down of the current US Air Force Chief of Staff David Goldfein's F-16CG.
Congratulation!
thumbsup
[Linked Image]

Colonel Tiosav Jankovic (now Commander of the 250th Missile Brigade, PVO VS), remembered the shooting of Goldfein's F-16CG:

- I'm rotating the antenna to the right (clockwise). At the moment when the first target return began to disappear from the screen, somewhat closer, to the right of the vertical marker, a new, smaller one appeared, like as MiG-29 one. I realized that both reflections are at the same course and height, and that the other is closer and I think that the first one is the decoy (AN/ALE-50). I quickly bring the second return into the cross-section of the marker and submit it to tracking. I'm looking at the instruments, the speed is about 250 m /s, Parameter - about 4 km. I was not even finished reporting, when Dotlic shouts "Launch". Pressing PUSK. The distance to the target was 14 to 15 km. The first one takes off, then second one, the first one is in a guidance .... The missile comes close to the target, and explodes at a distance of about 11 km. A large explosion engulfed the target. The Azimuth was is 320 degrees .... According to our estimation, the hit was in the wider area of ​​Brestac village, the plane then continued its flight in the direction of Batajnica. They then inform us the plane turned to Tuzla, losing height. Fearing, however, that he did not cross the border, we are waiting for news with awe. After a while, they reported that the F-16CG plane crashed on Cer...

source

Last edited by piston79; 01/29/19 07:36 PM.