Has anyone seen the recently revealed system requirements? I was kind of taken aback when I saw them! This the first time in a long time that, apart from "recommended" graphics card, I feel intimidated and ill equipped for a game. eek I know system requirements often have a lot of leeway and are sometimes not even really indicative of what is really needed but man these specs seem kind of steep. Also, I don't understand that a GeForce GTX670 AND a GeForce GTX 1050 are listed together under "Minimum" requirements. I don't get this. Why is there a lower end and higher end card listed at the same time under minimum? Are they just trying to cover all the bases and implying that you can technically get away with a lower end card be we really recommend a high end card for "Minimum Requirements". I have to say that kind of baffles me but I get the feeling that all this is to say that this game is going to be intensive.

I was hoping Exodus would be released with an engine that was optimized like the "Redux" versions of the original games. I remember that, and to this day even on newer hardware than back then, that Metro 2033 runs really crappy. However Last Light ran much better and even better than that, the revamped Metro 2033 Redux runs butter smooth at max settings minus expensive AA.

So I guess this is not the same engine or iteration but something vastly different? Sounds like it may be a game I have to wait and see other's experience and even then, may not get right away. Looks like a cool game though. I love the originals and these folks make a good all around game. Having Metro partly open world sounds really great to me but I may have to hold off.

On a side not I tried the demo of the new Resident Evil 2 Remake and from what I can tell, that new engine of theirs is really slick, looks really good and seems to be optimized very well.

I'm not sure though that my GTX 970 will handle Exodus though giving the specs they just released.

Last edited by Coot; 01/27/19 09:42 PM.

John 10:1-30
Romans 10:1-13