12 December 1914

Pontfaverger
Odis Först writes: "0922: Moderately clear day. Hptm Streccius had us up practicing, re-learning our flying skills. 1 hour 28 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Mer
Filimor Hance writes: 1418: Partial overcast, 300 metres, mainly over the lines. Couldn't see a thing. 1 hour 23 minutes."

Saint-Pol-Sur-Ternoise
Noel Kay writes: "1534: Heavy overcast made it seem later than it was. Routine patrol, returning home in the dark. The artillery duel in the dark was quite beautiful. Finding the field was easy enough. Judging the altitude for landing was not. Still, we made it down safely. 1 hour 10 minutes."

Gonneham, No 3 Sqdn RFC
Corrigan Aujla writes: "This morning Capt Williamson and I had a discussion of what I should do next – remain here with him while he recovers or return to base. He was of the opinion that I should return and get as Much time in on the new Moranes as possible. He wrote a note to that effect and then sent a cable to Gonneham to have a car sent for me. It arrived shortly before lunchtime and by 1600 hours I was back in my cot at the aerodrome. I'm walking quite well now and should be able to fly tomorrow."

Some people are born stupid. I've had to work hard my whole life to get this way. I'm proud of the job I've done