Originally Posted by Redwolf
Originally Posted by JJJ65
Originally Posted by kksnowbear
...(I think) that both RX cards and HD cards have been individually reported as working with newer drivers.

I must concur - I report that Radeon HD card (HD7870) DOES NOT WORK with new drivers, at least from my individual experience wink .
Repeatedly tested with different driver versions and proved the problem was evidently caused by new drivers.
Can not continue with testing, however, because I have replaced my graphics card with GTX1060 6GB half a year ago.
(Win 7 64, Radeon HD7870, 16GB RAM, Intel i5, SATA HDD 1.5TB)

Oops, I think you misused a word here - concur means to agree.
I see the word being incorrectly used on the IL2 GBS forums at 1C too - perhaps by the very same person (?). Going to chalk it up as a non-native english language mistake. Just pointing it out so you know smile

I noticed that, too - but thought he was concurring with the "individual" part (as evidenced by the phrase "individual experience" later in the same sentence).

Either way, here's the thing: If newer cards (RX) work with newer drivers, and (as it seems) older cards work with older drivers...OBD isn't doing themselves any favors by condoning/endorsing this ongoing (and misguided) blather that "AMD cards won't work with WOFF". They could be a lot more specific, specifying the findings as they are updated, and (seems to me) make it clear that *every* AMD user can run this sim - with appropriate drivers, of course.

The way it's been handled so far, AMD is being regarded as a turd in the punchbowl, and thus anyone who uses their cards is just as likely as not to pass on the sim entirely, because they've gotten the wrong impression.

Right here in this very thread it's being misrepresented, if you read back. At least JJJ did try to say, at one point, that 'certain' AMD cards (eg HD series) had problems with newer drivers, at least in his own case. What he did not do was say "AMD cards might not work unless AMD fixes their drivers" - but it has certainly been stated around here, more than once, of late. And another poster here asked for specifics about the issue, but so far there's been no official, accurately informed response.