Originally Posted by JJJ65
Originally Posted by dutch
One son is using the my old HD4890 and one son the HD7970, both playing warfront simulation games always from Steam sale and they are not the most modern games, I bet all DirectX9 maybe even DX8 and I never hear they have problems in playing any of these games after an Vcard update by MS Windows, which is generated automatic because of safety.
Most problems are what I think caused by wrong installation, not doing a clean install, or even the wrong driver is selected.

edit: Yep one problem because windows was installing the iGPU driver and not the external.

Let them try WOFF UE and then report. I am talking only about combo WOFF UE + Radeon HD cards + new graphics drivers.

Pretty sure that BirdDogICT identified, quite some time ago, that he was using the drivers you indicate and wasn't having this problem:

http://SimHQ.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...und-after-starting-a-mission#Post4394806

In fact, he reported using two different drivers, both from late 2017, without problems. He reported meeting all the conditions you list, and says his runs fine. And I think there are others, too - I haven't looked. But even if not, the one instance is all that's required to disprove the theory. Unless I'm missing something (always possible).

Last edited by kksnowbear; 11/20/18 02:09 PM.