Hi Guys, I have my MFD's exported now to a mini monitor and the Thrustmaster Cougar MFD's.
My mini monitor is a 16:9 11.6" 1366 x 768 monitor. It's exactly wide enough for both Cougar MFD's side by side, and has a bit of extra height. I got the Koolertron monitor for $50, I found the Cougar MFD's for $60, less than buying an equivalent touch-screen monitor for $180. I just want the MFD's for now, I'm not trying to build an entire cockpit.

Exporting an MFD has a few requirements I wasn't aware of. _________________________________________________________________________________

1. The MFD monitor has to be the Windows #2 monitor, it has to be to the RIGHT of monitor #1 in the Windows config, and the top edge of the two monitors have to line up. Once I met these criteria, the MFD screens would export.

2. The X-axis values for the exported screens work just fine, the Y-axis values do not.

3. The Y-axis has some scaling issues. I ended up using an mfd_screen_height of 1500 (not 768) to get the Text to scale correctly without getting cut off here and there. That gave me about 256 pixels in height for the actual image on the MFD and the text on all screens looks nice and clear.

My final values are as follows:
export_mfd=1 # enables MFD export on multimon systems (0 = off, 1 = on) (def = 0)
export_mfd_adapter=0 # graphic adapter for MFD export screen (0 = first, 1 = second, ...) (def = 0)
export_mfd_screen_width=1366 # resolution of export screen (n = pixels horizontally) (def = 640)
export_mfd_screen_height=1500 # resolution of export screen (n = pixels vertically) (def = 400)
export_mfd_left_pos=0,30,590,291 # left MFD position (def = 0,0,256,256)
export_mfd_right_pos=770,30,1366,291 # right MFD position (def = 384,0,640,256)
export_mfd_single_pos=770,30,1366,291 # single MFD position (Havoc, Hind and Black Shark only) (def = 0,0,256,256)

I need to make a custom monitor stand so I can move the MFD's back, closer to my main monitor.
I'm also in the process of making some graphical labels to go around the outside of the buttons.
The Cougar MFD frames are double-sided adhesive stuck onto a piece of plexiglass, which is then velcro'd onto the monitor frame.
This way I can take off the Cougar MFD frames and use the monitor as normal.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Javelin; 08/11/18 03:21 AM.