Originally Posted by - Ice
I'm sorry, but let me just ask this question --- how fast is network speed nowadays? How often does this network sync you speak of happen per second or per minute? We can stream HD movies, play all sorts of twitch shooter games and fighting games online, yet you're claiming that it's impossible to sync a missile location accurately between two clients over the internet? Do we not have network refresh or whatever it's called measured in milliseconds now? I'm guessing the reaction to missile behavior would be measured in seconds whereas reaction to other games like fighting games are in fractions of a second, but we can't have that in DCS?

Your selective reading is showing again. I mentioned ARMA's desync's already. Other games have desync. You're going down a path of self-righteousness in which you are alone, because you are plain wrong. And you're certainly doing a lot of guessing. Yes, there ARE better methods, they exist. No, what ED is doing isn't wrong, they have reasons for it. It literally works well enough as is, and some times you experience interesting behavior. Balancing the amount of information that needs to be sent and received with a good experience is not trivial. I'm sure it isn't trivial even in a simple shooter, though at least for those there is a lot experience out there.

--
44th VFW