my $0.02: I've been running SSDs in my rig for ~7 years now, and not once have I thought "well this was a waste of money." Everything just runs smoother and loads faster. Inclusive of DCS.

That said, moving data around your PC is like moving cars across a road system. A 10 lane highway is ultimately worthless if all those cars need to cram down a single lane road before getting to their destination. Likewise, if your CPU or GPU can't 'crunch' the data it's being handed fast enough, or you don't have enough RAM and your machine is having to fall back to the page file*, an SSDs impact will be minimal, as all it's doing is sending more 'cars into the traffic jam.'

*Arguably, if you are working off of the page file, you will see a decent boost from an SSD, as it's a lot faster at writing data than an HDD. For gaming though, it's still likely not fast enough.

My Rig:i5-3570k @ 4.2 GHZ W/ Corsair Hydro H110 Cooler / Asus Sabertooth Z77 Mobo / GTX 1070/ 16 Gigs DDR3 RAM / A Few SSDs, and a Bunch of HDDs / All held together by: Corsair C70 Case

Other Assets Deployed:
HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog SN#22621/CH Throttle Quad/MFG Crosswind Pedals SN#0004 smile
TrackIR TIR 5 w/ TrackClip Pro biggrin
Simpit: Obutto R3VOLUTION