OK, I went through all of the Advanced Dynamics settings files, pulled the numbers into a spreadsheet, and gathered up all the real numbers I could find for comparison to actual values. A lot of the dynamics values for a large number of the helos are the default numbers from the Apache which is why things don't feel quite right. A large heavy chopper shouldn't maneuver just like a nimble Apache. Some efforts were made by you guys to adjust some of these values, but I think we can improve that by quite a bit. The number of rotor blades has never been used, the distance to the tail rotor has never been updated, the default maximum main rotor rpm may be incorrectly set, things like that can be updated. I still need to dig into the dynamics equations to make sure i understand how all of the numbers are being used, and check the units for proper use. For example, all of the Power values are in horsepower, where all of the rest of the numbers are metric. I need to check and make sure the developers really meant to use hp and not kw's.

After some additional digging I've come to the conclusion that the developers really did intend on using hp for power levels, not kw's. Updating all of the numbers (especially the Inertial values) in the setup files is about as far as I can to go in correcting the physics, without the developer's raw equations it's pretty difficult to go much further than that. I'm still going to attempt to fix the location of the gravity force, though, and maybe a drag force or two.

Last edited by Javelin; 05/17/18 05:43 AM.