That's how much that monster behind us weighs in at. Got back, this passed Sunday, after spending a week long cruise on that beauty. The Royal Caribbean's, Oasis of The Seas.
When I first heard that, I was sure I had heard incorrectly. The Missouri is about 50,000, tons. The Nimitz class carriers are 100,000! This thing weighs over twice as much as the Nimitz!
What a trip. When my wife said she wanted to do it for a week, I thought, "Oh, geez....after three days I'm gonna be bored outta my mind!"
But it was a blast. They treated us like royalty. We did three stops, snorkeled, zip lined, saw shows, ate....ate some more and then....yeah, we ate some more.
Fun. But what a beast. We always dwarfed everything in port. Disney had one nearby, in Cozumel, that was almost as big, though.
Want to go back. Didn't want to come home.
But 225,000 tons!?

Attached Files unnamed.jpg

"From our orbital vantage point, we observe an earth without borders, full of peace, beauty and magnificence, and we pray that humanity as a whole can imagine a borderless world as we see it, and strive to live as one in peace."
Astronaut William C. McCool RIP, January 29, 2003 - Space Shuttle Columbia