Just finished the ammo story mission and I'm a bit torn with this game. On one hand, it's fun, on the other, it's deviated from Classic BattleTech a bit but enough to be confusing.

Some minor gripes:
  • Weapon tonnage is not readily visible, I need to hover my mouse over the module to find out the tonnage to see if I can swap it for a different weapon
  • Damage is.... different. An AC/20 does 100 damage when I'm used to thinking 20. A Large Laser does 50
  • No ejections. In MechCommander, it was satisfying to see an enemy pilot eject and it was grim when you do NOT see him eject
  • Moving between areas of the dropship is inconvenient. I need to hover my mouse over something, that bring up sub-sections I can go to, but if I take too long or miss my target, those pop-ups disappear and I have to hover over it again. I just want to see my mechs really quickly, I don't want to jump through two scenes to get to it!
  • A lot of the interface could use some work, such as seeing the mech loadout on-the-fly
  • I'd like to have the ability to take back my move. A lot of times I accidentally move to a location that does not have LOS or only has indirect LOS capability, but the location right next to it was what I wanted
  • What is a mech's walk/run/jump stats? Heat stats?

I'm sure there are a few more. Just coming from the tabletop game, I feel uncomfortable not knowing how certain things affect the to-hit rolls.

- Ice