Interesting little tidbit I discovered last night. I was trying to do a mission that had my forces outnumbered and although I "won" the mission, I lost a mech and had two pilots on 2 hits out of 4 so I replayed it and let the days pass and re-did the mission with tougher mechs thinking it'll be easier considering the forces I went up against --- mostly light mechs, Commandos, Firestarters, Jenners. With my heavier lance, I was surprised to face down 2 laser Hunchbacks, an AC/20 Hunchback, and I think a Kintaro? I was outgunned! Re-did the mission again with one mech different but with my other mech on a different loadout and to my suprise, I was up against only a couple of light mechs and vehicles which made the mission a cake walk! Considering the mission rewards were the same in terms of C-Bills, I wasn't going to complain!

I'm not sure what's going on exactly. At first, I thought the game would scale the OpFor to roughly match what the player would field, but this doesn't seem to be the case? Maybe the game then tones down the difficulty level if it sees the player struggling?

- Ice