The current timeline is earlier on than that. They say something in their FAQ that down the road they could go into later, but time passes in the game already. When you travel, weeks can go by, or you may choose to wait a few days for mech repairs and pilots to get healed up.
After the mess MWO became after the clan invasion, I’m enjoying just. being all Inner Sphere. Having your character born potentially a clanner that wound up back here is part of the game. I went that route just in case. LOL

From the FAQ. Keep in mind these answers are 3 years old now, so it could change
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/webeharebrained/battletech/faqs

3025 is before the Clan invasion. Will there be Clans in the game?
There are no Clan ‘Mechs in the game yet but the BattleTech universe spans hundreds of years and in success, we plan to include them in later installments.

Are you going to advance the timeline during the game to reach the 4th Succession War?
No. Our game will advance time in your merc career but not long enough to reach the 4th Succession War.

·Steam: Raw Kryptonite ·MWO & Elite Dangerous: Defcon Won ·Meager youtube channel
·Intel i5-9600K ·EVGA GTX1070 FTW 8GB ·EVGA CLC 120 Cooler
·16 GB Patriot Memory VIPER 4 3000MHz ·GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO WiFi Mobo
· CORSAIR CARBIDE AIR 540 case ·BenQ BL3200PT monitor