Everyone gets shot down or crashes in this game...eventually. Even me. smile
Curious as to your most ridiculous, dumb, bad luck in-game fatality you have ever had.
Mine was several years ago. Even posted a pic here.

Flying with J11 in March or April 1917 in my trusty Alb DIII. The Kette was involved in a dogfight that ended up low over No-Man’s Land. Think I just scored a victory but, ultimately, it hardly mattered.
Was not really paying attention to where I was and I thought I was over German lines when I heard the dreaded rata-tat-tat of MG fire real close. Threw my plane into a tight turn looking and looking for the enemy as the gunfire continued and I was taking hits. Must have cleared my tail and circled 6 times, twisting my head like Linda Blair, gunfire continuing, before I was finally shot down and killed.
What the heck? WW1 stealth aircraft? Kind of dumbfounded I looked at my smoking crater and I noticed something real close by. Switch to camera view and not only was I over the British trenches still but I was circling nicely (and low) over a Vickers MG position I could now see plain as day. Basically it was he that shot me down (no other aircraft around) and he must have been laughing mightily at the silly Alb flying tight circles right over his head. Laughing didn’t interfere with his accuracy though! 12 victory ace IIRC and just got my custom paint job. *Sigh*